Guns n Roses Cancel?

Guest only_jay

Owen Ward ‎'6:15PM Sunday August 15th

Got a call form the GNR camp, according to them no dates are cancelled.

They said there was a password issue with Axl's twitter and are looking into getting this fixed and removing the message.'

From the admin of a GNR forum

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've thought they'd announce it much more publicly than a guy on a forum though as a hell of a lot of people are gonna be pretty worried, and most people don't read forums :/

Still could go either way

Edited by Dan R

I think R+L are established enough to be able to call in a favour from a headline sized band on short notice

When Slipknot dropped it out it was literally the night before so replacement's were pretty much impossible

I think just losing a headliner would be disastrous and they would have to refund day tickets

Is it simply me but it's odd that the lead singer would be informing people about a refund?? From past experiance.. the management or event organisers/promoters would state this, the band just say sorry! Just find it a bit odd and makes it look like a certain hack to me. Shame really... it got my hopes up of them not playing. ;)

I think R+L are established enough to be able to call in a favour from a headline sized band on short notice

When Slipknot dropped it out it was literally the night before so replacement's were pretty much impossible

I think just losing a headliner would be disastrous and they would have to refund day tickets

The only thing that makes me think this is real is that it hasn't been removed, or at least an official statement produced to say otherwise. It could cause a lot of hassle for ticket agents in other countries if phonecalls start being made and there is no official announcement either way. A simple statement on the bands homepage or myspace would clear up the confusion. Don't really understand why they are delaying it, if it's as wrong as the guy from the fan forum suggests. If I was managing them, I'd be saving face by putting water on the fire and releasing a statement ASAP, even if I couldn't get the message removed.

The only thing that makes me think this is real is that it hasn't been removed, or at least an official statement produced to say otherwise. It could cause a lot of hassle for ticket agents in other countries if phonecalls start being made and there is no official announcement either way. A simple statement on the bands homepage or myspace would clear up the confusion. Don't really understand why they are delaying it, if it's as wrong as the guy from the fan forum suggests. If I was managing them, I'd be saving face by putting water on the fire and releasing a statement ASAP, even if I couldn't get the message removed.

Edited by Swellx

Clever time to hack it imo, late afternoon (in America) on a Sunday when everything is shut and everyone who could put this right not working. If they had done it at 3 in the afternoon on a Monday it would have been pulled in no time.

I am sure Reading/Leeds will put out a statement tomorrow to confirm as no doubt NME etc will all jump on the bandwagon tomorrow morning and make it into a big deal.

In the very unlikely event that Axl has decided to tell everyone on Twitter, which he hasn't used for about 3 months and only used sporadically before that, that he is cancelling his World Tour then I doubt anyone big will be booked to replace them. When the White Stripes pulled out years ago they bumped Blur up and stuck in BRMC 2nd from top. When David Bowie was ill at TITP they bumped The Darkness up.

Got to say, the people saying "good" and suggesting the likes of Muse (urgh) The Strokes (yawn) and Blur (meh) can just f*ck off. If you're that anti GNR then why do you have a ticket?! I'm not a massive fan but at least it's a different headliner than the usual rotation!

to be honest if its true its anyones guess what could happen, i mean, no one had any idea that Gorrliaz would end up headlinging glastonbury (and they were amazing, not all sets are about jumping up and down, and also the snoop dog finale was sweeet)

i don't think My Chemical roamance, the band don't have a drummer and there new album is litteraly just finished, this is a band who want to change there image and it would be unwise to play your first gig in the uk in 2 years and get bottled for playing a show packed with your 'emo' songs

Muse are playing in spain on leeds friday so couldn't be them