Getting to the very front

Guest lucastang

You can't get in until 12 anyway, most people who are at the barrier don't get there til bout 11.00-11.30-ish.

Saying that I don't know how obsessive Blink fans are so for all I know this year they could be waiting outside from early morning.

Also, I've never actually done this myself as I tend to move around stages/go to the bar. I'm just taking the word of friends who've done it.

Hope this helps :)

wow that's dedication..! you planning on wearing a nappy ;)

its possible to get a good spot, say first 20 rows, if you arrive a couple of bands before blink. i also believe that this is where the best atmosphere is in the crowd.

but if you're really going for the front row, then to be safe, just get there for when the arena opens, with food supplies and empty bottles for *ahem*...!

dont do it! enjoy the festival, it only comes round once a year. blink will tour with their new album and you can get to the front then. i couldnt imagine missing out on 9-10 hours of different stages and music, as well as missing out on fun. because lets face it, you aren't gonna have fun staying at the barrier all day

There's really no need. You'll be able to get right to the front as Paramore are finishing when people are starting to go & get drink, use the loo etc before their headliner of choice comes on. In 2008 we watched Tenacious D from a distance back & got close enough for Metallica that my mate got James Hetfiels plectrum. We didn't need to fight through people, it was pretty easy.

9 hours is a long time to be standing in one place, you'll get opportunity to have a mooch around, check out the smaller tents & still get a really good spot.

ive got to the very front row for metallica,iron maiden,pearl jam,smashing pumpkins and RATM.also got to the 3rd or 4th row for green day and RHCP.also 2nd row in download for ac/dc and RATM(which was mental!!).on each occasion i didnt try to get to the front until the main support/sub headliner had finished.you just need to be persistant and move forward as the crowd surges from song to song.

please please,dont waste your day down the front waiting for blink,there really is no need.take advice from the people who've been to loads of festivals,ive been to 20+,wonder around,watch other bands,other stages,.if you must get down early,start about when weezer are on,even then you'll have a few hours to get to the front.

Wow....People actually go down to the front and stay there ALL day?

How is that possible haha. I need at least a toilet break and 2 stops to the bar at a normal gig. To stand there from when the gates open to the headline act is insanity lol.

Like rivalschools.price said just be patient. Ive been down the front for a good few gigs and I just edge my way slowly. As long as your not some idiot ramming your way through people dont mind :)

Firstly, I wouldnt want to be at the barrier at a gig, you just get pressed into it.

Secondly, I quite easily made it to about 5 rows back to watch Brand New last year, during the changeover, and then got to about 3 rows for Vampire Weekend

I reckon if you want to be in a "good" spot, you should watch Weezer, Paramore, and Blink. Maybe Cypress Hill too, there will be a significant changeover between Cypress Hill/Weezer/Paramore because alot of the earlier fans wont like Paramore's music, and alot of Paramore fans will have never heard of Cypress Hill or Weezer.. :D

Dont waste your day at the barrier, you will be hungry, thirsty, need a piss (have to go in a bottle), and get tired of standing there for 11 hours.