Who are The Rats?

Guest Fozzy_Bear

They are on the bill to play half way up on the Lock-Up stage on the Saturday (Reading), but there's no link through to the band profile on the official R&L website and there doesn't seem to be a band of that name who would fit the lock-up stage, so who are they? A secret set?

People reckon they might be Gallows because of this: http://forums.leedsfestival.com/download.axd?file=0;1314227

Any thoughts...

The way I see it... The Gallows are way to big to play that low. And Boomtown Rats wouldnt be recieved well i dont think. My guess is the band has nothing to do with rats and FR just put that to builld our hopes up hypothesising before releasing its Bloc Party (Or an equivelent disapointment).

But can someone explain what the point of Gallows playing that low is? They have played Second from top NME in '09, Topped the Lock Up in '08(The same stage were talking about now on the same day) AND third from top on the Lock Up in '07. WHY put them so low on the bill? It makes no sense, not even for an acoustic set.

The most logical artist seems to be The Boomtown Rats reformation thing as The Rats.

But can someone explain what the point of Gallows playing that low is? They have played Second from top NME in '09, Topped the Lock Up in '08(The same stage were talking about now on the same day) AND third from top on the Lock Up in '07. WHY put them so low on the bill? It makes no sense, not even for an acoustic set.

The most logical artist seems to be The Boomtown Rats reformation thing as The Rats.

I think the general consensus is that it's Gallows then. I didn't think they were bad at finsbury either, but they aren't really suited to a large open air stage I don't think.

Will definitely be seeing them in the lockup if they are the rats. Not complaining about the repeat booking either as I missed them last year :P

i will definitely be going. it will be a joy to see them on a small stage and at a time when they shouldn't clash with anyone too major.

they could easily headline the stage again/high nme/mid main but fair play to them. according to some of you guys there seem to be so many bands who care more about money or headlining and all the contract bull s**t.

i was at them crooked vultures last year and they bored me to tears. it was embarassing hearing the crowd cheer every time dave grohl was shown on a close up on the big screen and they sounded like a poor mans queens of the stone age. at least gallows are edgy and exciting.

First of all, people on here are taking this forum for more credit than it has. At the very best (and this is over estimating) about 5% of R&L festival goers will come on this forum, and a lot less on the official ones. To most people at the festival this will be a secret set and to a lot of people a nice surprise.

secondly who seriously thinks it would be the boomtown rats reunion, a band that could make hundreds of thousands announcing a comeback to the media, bigging up a new album and going on a stadium UK tour (because its the in thing for these to come back). Or the alternative, play halfway down on the 4th stage at Leeds festival, a stage based around punk and hardcore bands.

The day the announcement was made and somebody mentioned that gallows fans were the rats it was settled.