Last Minute warning about Tent thefts !

Guest DaveMac

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had all our money stolen on the first night last year, was awful. To be honest think we had got a bit complacent (and where a bit drunk) Left purse in handbag- next to my sleeping bag mind, and hubby had wallet in his trouser pocket next to his head, never heard a thing.

very tempted to put mouse traps by the door inside the tent this year :rolleyes: but would prob get up during the night and stand on them....will definately be more alert this year.

This will be our 1oth Glastonbury and that is the only time we have lost anything, so please be vigilant and have a great time :)

I struggle with the untidy tent option but echo the other advice.

The organised tent robbing gangs hit on the first night in particular as this when people have most amount of cash on them and are more likely to "over do it" and be comatose in their tent.

Safety in numbers folks. Look out for your neighbours and they can look out for you.

Hope it's a crime free festie for us all x

Peg your zips to the ground when you are in the tent and put up "obstacles" that people have to climb over. Seperate out your stuff as much as possible, don't leave it all in one bag.

Thieving scumbags, whilst organised, are also lazy and can't be bothere to look!!!

Some good advice, it's just a shame they don't have the same company offering lockers that are at Download! Ok there £15 for the week but you get a socket to charge your phone from, invaluable to anyone with an iPhone (car charger socket) you can only get into the area if you have a locker & every locker is monitored by CCTV. You even get to keep the souvenir combination lock at the end of the week!

Last year I had my cool bag full of bottled water taken :unsure: Reckon they thought they'd struck gold and found my booze stash :D Tossers!

My best advice is all of the above, but above all, dont get so completely wasted so you lose all sense of reality, just hold back a little so your still in touch with your surrounding. Saw so many trashed people last year who were just staggering victims.

I had money stolen from me at Bearded Theory, I'd let my guard slip a little, normally I'm much more careful :( Fortunately I had separated my cash and they only got £20 that was in my purse and not the rest which I had stashed elsewhere. So that's my tip for the day, separate your cash so if they do come in your tent, they only find a small amount then leave you alone with the rest of it :)

My tent got robbed on friday night on Pennards last year whilst both me and my GF were alseep in it. Went through everything down to small makeup bags and out test was a state before so must have taken them a while. Our mobiles were out but they wernt interested in that, only took cash, left the cards and phones behind. Wasnt the end of the world as my GF did not have much cash on her and my wallet was under the air bed. My friends woke woke up when they went into their tent, they used the usual blag of thinking it was their mates tent, a good loud FU*K OFF!! got rid of them.

Do most people get their tent robbed while they are away from it i.e. watching a band, or while they a re sleeping / passed out in the tent?

I think i am gonna dump all my empty beer cans at the bottom of my tent, and if i hear them rattling i will be out like a shot.

I also had an idea of taking some cable ties, and 'locking' the zips together while i sleep. They are not so obvious as a padlock and will stop people coming in (unless they simply use a knife and go in the backdoor) :blink:

My tent got robbed on friday night on Pennards last year whilst both me and my GF were alseep in it. Went through everything down to small makeup bags and out test was a state before so must have taken them a while. Our mobiles were out but they wernt interested in that, only took cash, left the cards and phones behind. Wasnt the end of the world as my GF did not have much cash on her and my wallet was under the air bed. My friends woke woke up when they went into their tent, they used the usual blag of thinking it was their mates tent, a good loud FU*K OFF!! got rid of them.