ps

NOT LONG NOW!

Edited by abu hamster

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have Firefox/NoScript too? I've just blocked a few more sources and it does seem much better now.

well, please remove your own blocking else I'll be applying some blocking of my own.

This site cannot afford to subsidise freeloaders.

As lots of people have mentioned they'd like it, the option is now available to have the forums advert-free, at the cost of £18 per year.

To automatically subscribe yourself to this option, just click here:-

/index.php?app=subscriptions">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=subscriptions

(I've not been able to test this as I can't make payments to myself via PayPal - if there's any problems for any person doing this, please let me know and I'll look into it asap).

well, please remove your own blocking else I'll be applying some blocking of my own.

As lots of people have mentioned they'd like it, the option is now available to have the forums advert-free, at the cost of £18 per year.

/index.php?app=subscriptions">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=subscriptions

(I've not been able to test this as I can't make payments to myself via PayPal - if there's any problems for any person doing this, please let me know and I'll look into it asap).

Right, I appreciate why you need adverts and whatnot but, are you isinuating I'll be banned if if I use software to block advertising (that is slowing down everything on my machine, not just efestivals)? Crikey. How nice. All I wanted to do was talk about Glastonbury. I think you'll find I'm not the only person on here using NoScript or similar.

Right, I appreciate why you need adverts and whatnot but, are you isinuating I'll be banned if if I use software to block advertising (that is slowing down everything on my machine, not just efestivals)? Crikey. How nice. All I wanted to do was talk about Glastonbury. I think you'll find I'm not the only person on here using NoScript or similar.

I appreciate that you're not the only freeloader. :rolleyes:

But care to tell me why I should provide you with the service you want when you are very deliberately refusing to contribute towards its cost, and via doing that increasing in the advert irritation for others?

But this is an efestivals issue, since the upgrade the site is an absolute dog to use and the adverts are causing massive delays

The site is running quicker for me; the ads are not causing any delay for me. I am running these forums no differently to anyone else.

So the issue is not the change to these forums but probably something to do with your own setup.

It's not our fault an upgrade has been implemented with half a***d or zero testing now is it?

It is your fault for thinking that it has been when that's not the case. ;)

It is the case that real-life 'testing' is only possible with a real life scenario. There are some aspects that are being tweaked to improve things.

I appreciate that you're not the only freeloader. :rolleyes:

But care to tell me why I should provide you with the service you want when you are very deliberately refusing to contribute towards its cost, and via doing that increasing in the advert irritation for others?

The site is running quicker for me; the ads are not causing any delay for me. I am running these forums no differently to anyone else.

So the issue is not the change to these forums but probably something to do with your own setup.

It is your fault for thinking that it has been when that's not the case. ;)

It is the case that real-life 'testing' is only possible with a real life scenario. There are some aspects that are being tweaked to improve things.

In the old style when quoting

it used to put the quote in a

box. Can this be worked in

as now its all text.

Ta

It's now mostly like that for older quotes.

Unfortunately, the converter routine stopped working at around the 1,000,000 posts mark, so the newest 300,000 posts have yet to be converted.

I've raised a ticket about this with the forum makers, so hopefully this will be fixed in the next 24 hours or so.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Just need clarification

If I were to (Which I dont) block

adverts. How would that make me

a freeloader? My screen is not

in a public place and I am not

going to be sucked in by them

anyway?

Are they that clever to know

they are being blocked and

thus your fee reduces?

It would make you a freeloader because you'd no longer be contributing to the running of this website, as this website pays its bills via the adverts on this website. No adverts, no website.

Yes, the adserver knows what ads are served and to whom.