Food Prices

Guest JayS90

Hi there,

It's my first time at Glastonbury this year, really looking forward to it! :P I was just wondering what the food prices are like Glasto? I was at Reading last year and for what you paid it was a major rip-off.

Also, do you guys have any recommendations regarding what to do about food? What should I take/not take and is it worth buying at least one meal a day? I'm not a big eater and I can go without food for a while, but I'd like to stay warm and happy!

Cheers :P

Loads of food related threads on here with lots of sound advice.

To sum it all up though. You might want to take something for breakfast each day as a lot of people like to eat before leaving their camp. Likewise tea/coffee making stuff.

Buying meals - generally avoid any van/stall that looks like something that belongs at Reading/Leeds festival. Hunt out the better food stalls around the Jazzworld (or West Holts or whatever it's called this year) and in the Green Fields. There are other great establishments dotted around elsewhere so read up in the other threads. For a main meal expect to pay in the £5 to £7 range, or thereabouts.

I found you could get a v decent big breakfast for £5 or thereabouts (and it was a veggie thing so you're unlikely to die from it etc etc), which kept me going throughout the day until the eve. Thus, two meals a day=win. Avoid crepes as they cost about £3-4 for something that seems like it didn't happen, but yes there's lots of value for money. Try for a different country (food wise, ie. pizza, noodles, pie) each day!

I found you could get a v decent big breakfast for £5 or thereabouts (and it was a veggie thing so you're unlikely to die from it etc etc), which kept me going throughout the day until the eve. Thus, two meals a day=win. Avoid crepes as they cost about £3-4 for something that seems like it didn't happen, but yes there's lots of value for money. Try for a different country (food wise, ie. pizza, noodles, pie) each day!

Try taking some fresh filled pasta, one makes a filling meal and a decent one costs about £1.50 or 2 for £2.50. Also in camping shops you can get ready meals in foil pouches for about £3.50, some of which are pretty good. If you're skint then dried packets of pasta in sauce are dirt cheap and fill a hole and try to take some fruit to munch on throughout the day. This way any money you take can be spent on more alcohol etc. B)

Is the food worth the money?

In a word, yes! As long as you shop around, explore a bit and don't just buy from the first place you stumble across. Glastonbury food is generally quite amazing - so much choice :)

I usually take a camping stove, some tea/coffee, some breafast stuff, snacks and maybe the odd easy meal. But I always buy a significant portion of my meals too.