Campervan Parking - Size Of Area?

Guest zakmatt

Myself and family are taking a motorhome this year for the first time.

I have noticed in previous years when walking past the campervan fields that there are lots of awnings, gazebos, tents etc. attached to and next to the motorhomes and campervans.

Can anybody tell me the biggest size that I can erect, as I already have a 2.5M x 2.5M gazebo and wonder if this is ok or too large.

Also, can you pitch a tent too?

Many thanks :P

Myself and family are taking a motorhome this year for the first time.

I have noticed in previous years when walking past the campervan fields that there are lots of awnings, gazebos, tents etc. attached to and next to the motorhomes and campervans.

Can anybody tell me the biggest size that I can erect, as I already have a 2.5M x 2.5M gazebo and wonder if this is ok or too large.

Also, can you pitch a tent too?

Many thanks :P

Weve been in the campervan field before.

you normally have the flat side of the next campervan facing your door so you have right up to that campervan to use.

Its normally as busy as a car park but it does take longer to park up the vans compared to cars. My advice is to get one of you out and stand at the edge of the space you want to have. This will sway the next camper coming into park to leave you a bit more room.

Theres normally plenty of room to get a gazebo and a decent sized 4/6 man tent in the room to the side of your campervan. You aren't allowed to have anything at the end of your van though.

this photo is the best I have. Its taken from the seat of the campervan. My tent is to the right of us and was a 6 man/2 bedroom tent. As you can see there's plenty of room under the gazebo for sitting and cooking

glast%2002.jpg

Weve been in the campervan field before.

you normally have the flat side of the next campervan facing your door so you have right up to that campervan to use.

Its normally as busy as a car park but it does take longer to park up the vans compared to cars. My advice is to get one of you out and stand at the edge of the space you want to have. This will sway the next camper coming into park to leave you a bit more room.

Theres normally plenty of room to get a gazebo and a decent sized 4/6 man tent in the room to the side of your campervan. You aren't allowed to have anything at the end of your van though.

this photo is the best I have. Its taken from the seat of the campervan. My tent is to the right of us and was a 6 man/2 bedroom tent. As you can see there's plenty of room under the gazebo for sitting and cooking

glast%2002.jpg

We put our awning up for the first time at the weekend, and it's feckin enormous!!! This one, so says it's 370cm wide, plus the width of the van (Bongo), reckoning we're within the 6m mark, and it's 6m long, not a great deal of room leftover. Reckon that'll be ok then, as long as we tell the stewards?

I tell you what, it's going to be luxury, first time in campervans, be a bit different to our 3-man tent!

Edited by feefeetee

Each Pitch will be no more than 7 m x 6 m , and you can pitch a tent behind campavan if your pitch is adequate - see below from gfl site.. This is of interest to me as we have a gang of 6 in a trailer tent. As only 3 fit into the car with trailer, therefore the other members of the gang look like not being able to camp until wednesday. Its a shame as we could of all mucked in with pitching tent,and now half of us have to either hang around and sleep in the car park (not good), stay at home and come later (after last year don't fancy chancing queues), so we found a b&b and are aiming for a early start wednesday unless of course they loosen the rules for us to get in with others.

If the pitch is set area then the first members of the group arriving at night could possibly just put up the inner section, but mark out our plot with windshields until next morning when we all could sort the tent (its a big one!). Lets hope common sense prevails

Excerpt from FAQ

Stewards will be on hand in the campervan fields to advise on siting vehicles. It is not possible to reserve a specific area - space is allocated on a first come first served basis. Caravans, their towing cars and campervans will be parked in rows, with a 4 metre fire road between the rows. Each pitch will be 6 metres wide by 7 metres long. For any vehicle longer than 7 metres it will be necessary to purchase two caravan/campervan tickets, to cover the extra space required.

The Fire Officer will not allow ticket-holders to camp beside campervans or cars due to the risk of contiguous fire, but it is permitted to camp behind them.

• 3 weeks later...