What's the chances of pulling?

Guest asoldasglasto

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigger is a noun in the English language, most notable for its usage in a pejorative context to refer to black people, and also as an informal slang term, among other contexts. It is a common ethnic slur. The word originated as a term used in a neutral context to refer to black people, as a variation of the Spanish/Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger, meaning the colour "black"

off wiki

Nigger is a noun in the English language, most notable for its usage in a pejorative context to refer to black people, and also as an informal slang term, among other contexts. It is a common ethnic slur. The word originated as a term used in a neutral context to refer to black people, as a variation of the Spanish/Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger, meaning the colour "black"

off wiki

Edited by tommmy

No, you are not illustrating a point. You are trying to preach. So you are saying that words that could be associated in a prejudicial way should not be used?? That is one of the most bizarre points of view that I have ever seen.

How can these issues be discussed and addressed if those words are not used??

ffs, I am going to bang my head against a wall, just after i have called my son a puff for wearing my pink shirt.

i really hope you understand what i am saying and take it on board. i hate to sound like a bastard. but i am right on this one and you should be taking my advice.

the n word is hugely offensive because of all the active racism asscoiated with it. prejudice which has shaped peoples lives for generations. that does not exist with most other swearwords. and certainly doesn't exist with the word ginger. to imply that is absurd.

peace

watch this, then go watch the n***** guys episode of south park. that should explain everythign your need to know about casual racism and prejudices which you didn't know had.

i appreciate that i properly sound like the thought police politically correct brigade, but to be honest. just think of it from the other side. if you can't do that then fair play to you.we are different.

watch this, then go watch the n***** guys episode of south park. that should explain everythign your need to know about casual racism and prejudices which you didn't know had.

i appreciate that i properly sound like the thought police politically correct brigade, but to be honest. just think of it from the other side. if you can't do that then fair play to you.we are different.

I don't understand at all. Yes, I am a middle aged fat white man, but I am an active anti-facist movement member. I have never heard anyone use your argument. Even within the area of manchester that I live such words are in open discussions. That does not mean they are used offensively, but are discussed openly and honestly. I have taught my kids not to use the word Paki, as in Paki shop, but that is a common place term and the various shop owners accept and own the term.

I think you are in a losing battle.

I think you need to get a grip. I was backng Tommy up about the use of jokes and casual racism, but i am sorry your argument does not hold water. If people around me say things like "f**king niiggers/paki's/eton schoolboys" I will challenge them, but seriously hiding these words away is just brushing things under the carpet and not addressing the issues. How do you feel on the use of the words Bastard, sod, git? They are all just as prejudicial.
Edited by sammysundae

good point. i agree. i'm not sayign we should hide them under the carpet though. i'm simply saying that some people use the words casually, being unaware of the connotations, and that i would like to see a reduction in this.

i'm pretty sure we have the same views on this. i might just not be putting it across well

sorry, those video's weren't aimed at you.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan