Worldcup Footie, Pyramid and The Park

Guest Staberinde

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Welshman I have little interest in the World Cup, and was hoping for a nice Saturday at the park!

I therefore hope that they find somewhere else to show it! I reckon if they didn't then the Park would be pretty much a no go area from Saturday late afternoon as it'd be starting to get rammed.

Oh really, these anti-football comments must be deliberately written to get people huarumphing. There will thousands of people keen to see England's first knock-out game and the atmosphere will be undoubtedly be really great. If you don't like football, then you'll have plenty of other things to do instead.

I was/am really hoping there's a screen somewhere showing lots of games, not just the English ones, I'd love to sit back, relax and watch 45 mins of PDRK vs Slovakia or something if there's nothing on the stages that takes my fancy. Seems a bit Anglocentric to only show the England games. Not very Internationalist is it?

if what was said about a bigger crowd at glastonbury than inside the actual stadium last time england were in the euros is true then SURELY they can't be showing the matches IN the park itself, as in, near where the stage is.

I can't think of a spot IN the park where 30,000+ football fans could gather safely.

Only been to Glasto 3 times but have always noticed that the Pyramid speaker array install does not get completed until late Thursday.

Does this mean that the footie will possibly be in silence or at the least reduced volume?

Atmosphere would be amazing with full sound and the heavy bass with the crowd rumble!

if what was said about a bigger crowd at glastonbury than inside the actual stadium last time england were in the euros is true then SURELY they can't be showing the matches IN the park itself, as in, near where the stage is.

I can't think of a spot IN the park where 30,000+ football fans could gather safely.

Edited by danbailey80

it was a big crowd because it was thursday when nothing else was on. as was predicted they are showing the game in the pyramid on the wednesday, then at the weekend they will show it in the park hill, cos lots of people will choose to watch acts instead elsewhere....it's all been said before.this really isn't rocket science, why does everyone find it hard to understand...?

I love Emily Eavis! This means I can watch the footie AND Laura Marling (assuming England win their group of course!) This is beautiful stuff. Hopefully they'll finish it over 90 minutes, then I can hop straight over to Muse and have myself a perfect evening! This has made my day!!

Oh really, these anti-football comments must be deliberately written to get people huarumphing. There will thousands of people keen to see England's first knock-out game and the atmosphere will be undoubtedly be really great. If you don't like football, then you'll have plenty of other things to do instead.
Edited by robalotalob

Only been to Glasto 3 times but have always noticed that the Pyramid speaker array install does not get completed until late Thursday.

Does this mean that the footie will possibly be in silence or at the least reduced volume?

Atmosphere would be amazing with full sound and the heavy bass with the crowd rumble!

Apologies bumping this but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

I see no reason to have sound. It's not like they're going to get a special feed without the commentary, and do you really need the commentary anyway?

I mean, when you go to an actual football match you don't have commentary. You have the crowd atmosphere, the chanting, the singing etc... It'll be the same at the pyramid/park stage. The thought of having Clive Tilsley, Andy Grey of poxy Guy Mowbray blearing across the field sends shudders down my spine.