When the music stops

Guest It doesn't get any better

Hi All

Last year, my first Glasto, I saw so and did so much in the day that all I really wanted to do after the bands had finished was sit at the stone circle enjoying a smoke and a chat with my mates, followed by a slow meander back to the tent and a bit more of the same

However I am sure that there is a load more after-hours activity that I'd like to explore this year. We went to arcadia one night last year after hours but it just seemed totally rammed with not much going on

What are your recommendations for things to do between the last bands on the main stages and sunrise

Inspiration please!

Hi all, first time poster here!

I'm interested in people's opinions on the best places for after hours frivolity too - last time I went (2008), we had a big group of us and spent most of our time after the bands around our tents - made easier by the fact the weather was decent and we had a gazibo (sp). I think we may have tried to go into Shangri-La one night but it was rammed and I don't think they were letting more people in... or I could have made that up.

Do you need to get to Arcadia / Shangri-La / Unfairground etc by a certain time to get in there? And which areas are people's favourites?

Edited by fdc

As you enter the Park through the "gates", just go straight up ignoring everything on your right, past the ribbon tower, and it's straight ahead if I remember correctly, looks like a little cluster of tents, very cool.

There's loads going on in Shangri La, if you delve a bit. I don't know if it'll be the same this year as last year, but there were little alleyways inspired by (I think) middle eastern souks, or the markets in Blade Runner, where each little "shop" was a wild participatory art installation.

The problem is the crowds. Fine while the headliners are on. Silly for a while afterwards.

I'm hoping the expansion of that area, plus the new paths in and out make it a bit less overcrowded at those times.

The Rabbit Hole has live music and DJs. The Bedouin Cafe may have live music. There's usually bands playing in various tents around the Green Fields, where you can sit down with a coffee or your own booze or whatever.

Plenty of options!

Yeh and wait around waiting to be asked a question that you might or might not get right & then maybe they'll let you in. Thats supposing they like the look of you in the first place. Maybe they'll just ignore you for an hour, selecting other people in funny clothes instead. I'm not bitter, there's just better things to waste time on :P