World Cup 2010

Guest Cardboard Box City

That Lampard goal is a total non-issue. If England were out by one goal, then yeah the controversy would be justified, but Germany batterred England, clearly, they just wasted them.

What a shameful display, but then again my main criticism with England is that they're only a decent team on paper. In reality, their huge egos, reputations and complacence get the better of them. Cherry picking star players from teams where they all hate each other and plonking them together in a context they aren't used to is just stupid. England are a Frankenstein mashup of top players, but they're a shit team; all that so-called talent, all that moeny, all that fame, counts for absolutely nothing.

So that's two managers that have failled to ignite the squad. I'd be more inclined to go find players who know how to properly work together.

The way the England squad is formed shouldn't be about picking star players, it should be about picking the right players, and players who are all on the same wavelength. We need players with something to prove and an insatiable hunger that the current squad just doesn't have. They're all going back to the premiership, back to their day jobs, so what do they care if they make a balls up at the World Cup?

Well done to Germany.

Edited by Purple Monkey

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of that German midfield. Kadera generally sits back and mops up, schweinsteiger will collect the ball and spray passes about the pitch with ease, and Oezil will run into the space between the defence and midfield, and in between defenders. At the same time they all look to get forward and get involved.

Schweinsteiger also seemed overated to me when he started playing (as a right winger) but he's been superb since moving into the centre.

Germany against (possibly) Argentina could be a very very good game :)

Its a bad decision but in my opinion no worse than a goal wrongly disallowed for offside or given after a handball. These decisions go for and against all sides. From my memory few england fans were call ing for technology when a dodgy decision screwed spain against england in euro 96.

Its a bad decision but in my opinion no worse than a goal wrongly disallowed for offside or given after a handball. These decisions go for and against all sides. From my memory few england fans were call ing for technology when a dodgy decision screwed spain against england in euro 96.

Dear lord... If they are not totally overrated when have they actually done it ? Other than for their clubs when they have been cherry picked to a certain job surrounded by other cherry pick players for exact roles ? The reason international football is harder is because you can't cherry pic players in every position....

Sick of people telling me we have world class players... Who ? Who does it on the world stage consistently ? Not one player in the that squad consistently plays good for England... And f**k me sidewards but playing in the Champions League DOES NOT make you world class.. Playing well on the world stage does...

In the last ten years only one player can be called truly world class IMO and that was Beckham the rest are average at best...

Rooney isn't world class, come on.

World Class implies being professional - Rooney acted like an unprofessional little scrote, getting stroppy and throwing the rattle out when he should have been scoring goals. His attitude was shit for someone who is paid a ridiculous amount of money to do the exact opposite.

World Class implies being professional - Rooney acted like an unprofessional little scrote, getting stroppy and throwing the rattle out when he should have been scoring goals. His attitude was shit for someone who is paid a ridiculous amount of money to do the exact opposite.