Transfering tickets?

Guest tking

I get the feeling i know the answer to this question, but...

In my group of friends that go to Glasto only two of us managed to get tickets for this year.

However my friend just broke his Tibula and Fibula while playing football - I knew sport was bad for you! Unsuprisingly he is under Dr's orders not to go to Glastonbury.

Is there any way to transfer his ticket to someone else? Again im pretty sure i know the answer, and that its an answer that I wont like. But at the minute my options are...

1. Get a refund now/think it over while on holiday (supposed to be going away on Friday for a week but a certain Volcano may put a stop to that - This has been a great week so far...).

2. Hope one of my friends can get a ticket in the rumored resale in May.

3. Go by myself - Which to be honest I dont really fancy.

Can anyone confirm/crush all my hopes?

I am pretty sure you can't transfer and your only option would be to refund and tehn hope your friend gets a ticket. Unless he looks really like the person on the ticket? In which case he could risk trying to get in on the ticket you have but that's a risky one tbh.

I get the feeling i know the answer to this question, but...

In my group of friends that go to Glasto only two of us managed to get tickets for this year.

However my friend just broke his Tibula and Fibula while playing football - I knew sport was bad for you! Unsuprisingly he is under Dr's orders not to go to Glastonbury.

Is there any way to transfer his ticket to someone else? Again im pretty sure i know the answer, and that its an answer that I wont like. But at the minute my options are...

1. Get a refund now/think it over while on holiday (supposed to be going away on Friday for a week but a certain Volcano may put a stop to that - This has been a great week so far...).

2. Hope one of my friends can get a ticket in the rumored resale in May.

3. Go by myself - Which to be honest I dont really fancy.

Can anyone confirm/crush all my hopes?

Edited by neilos

I thought it only took about 6 weeks for broken bones to heal, and Glasto is 9 weeks away which is loads of time. However, the ground is very uneven and it would be a bit risky I guess.

Depending on how far you have to come is how much risk it is trying to get someone else in on your mates ticket.

ooooo that's a good idea (but naughty !)

has anyone ever tried it ? does it work ?

it's a shame that there's no facility for transferring tickets to friends, but like anything, it would be open to abuse by touts...

not sure i would go on my own, but you could always meet up with people from here, you never know, you might have an even better time !

:P

Tell your mate to ignore his doctor...my mate had a knee operation 3 weeks before Glasto in 2008 and still came along in a brace with metal rods sticking through his knee...gave him a little bit of grief but he managed to get through it fine (except for some crazy tan lines once the brace was removed).

If all he is going to do is sit at home and sulk about not being there, then surely there is no harm with sitting around a stage all day being happy as larry...you just might have to compromise on some things...were still just over 8 weeks off so he should be in a bit better state by then anyway shouldnt he?

By the way, I am in NO WAY condoning that people ignore doctors advice, I just think that this country has got way too health and safety conscious...you cant do anything nowadays!!

Tell your mate to hang in. I had my leg broken by a drunk driver who crushed me between two parked cars. I was lucky i kept both legs, anyway i was up and about with a brace and crutches within 8 weeks (the bone healed fairly quickly but the soft tissue damage took months to fix).

It was exhausting to start with after being laid up but your muscles soon recover.

If he did go i doubt you would be doing much choping and changing between the stages.

Do they have disabled access he might be able to use eg wheelchair as an after thought ?

Edited by manateemike