Sweethead

The Instigators

All Shall Perish

Throwdown

Every Time I Die

Cancer Bats

Hammerfall

Thats the word from the forums.

Pretty sure it's now debunked as fake seeing as a few bands would have to pull out some crazy-ass touring schedules to pull it off, with shows in America on the same weekend and such like etc.

But I think it'd be a damn good announcement considering the stage we're at. I don't even listen to any of the bands there bar Mastodon but I gave a quick rip round on last.fm of the bands and there's some really good ones there that annoy me that it's gonna be fake :P.

End of the day the slots we have left arn't going to have any bands above the calibur of those listed in that 'leak' :/.

so does the 2 Cypress Hill gigs a couple of Days after Download reduces their chances of appearing or improve them?.....still have Download weekend free on the schedule - tho what what other major Euro festivals are on the same weekend as Download this year?

Slash

Mastodon

Senser

Flyleaf

Zebrahead

The Get Up Kids

Blessed By A Broken Heart

Moneen

Oh, Sleeper

The Damned Things

City And Colour

Crime In Stereo

Bleeding Through

The Acacia Strain

Sweethead

The Instigators

All Shall Perish

Throwdown

Every Time I Die

Cancer Bats

Hammerfall

Thats the word from the forums.

You know tomorrow its 60 days until Download and theres only 38 confirmed acts, thats pretty bad really, I know theres at least 21 acts being announced on Monday, but if it is 21 acts then thats only 59, whats that? like half the acts and less than 2 months away... Hoping its a big announcement and im guessing they could be every week from now on

You know tomorrow its 60 days until Download and theres only 38 confirmed acts, thats pretty bad really, I know theres at least 21 acts being announced on Monday, but if it is 21 acts then thats only 59, whats that? like half the acts and less than 2 months away... Hoping its a big announcement and im guessing they could be every week from now on

Hoping to see at least 2 mainstage bands for each day added, pretty sure Friday 2nd stage is done now but be good to have a few more bands for the Sat & Sun on that stage.

If tomorrow's announcement is 80% 3rd stage bands, who lets face it, will be relatively unknown in the main, then they will probs have left it too late for most of my group to go now. Not easy anymore arranging days off/childcare (getting old!) etc and nobody can commit with that mainstage and 2nd stage as it is. I know it is all personal opinion etc, we just think some of the bands are way above where they should be and generally very weak.

STP in their first show of their own in the UK in years can't even get near to filling Brixton yet they can take 2nd headline at a festiavl for 100k people? Sorry but that doesn't quite work out for us, they were never that big over here and obviously aren't now they've come back. Think a lot of the bands are just too high and it doesn't sound like anybody is being slotted in above anyone currently announced so that really does look weak imo. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Hoping to see at least 2 mainstage bands for each day added, pretty sure Friday 2nd stage is done now but be good to have a few more bands for the Sat & Sun on that stage.

If tomorrow's announcement is 80% 3rd stage bands, who lets face it, will be relatively unknown in the main, then they will probs have left it too late for most of my group to go now. Not easy anymore arranging days off/childcare (getting old!) etc and nobody can commit with that mainstage and 2nd stage as it is. I know it is all personal opinion etc, we just think some of the bands are way above where they should be and generally very weak.

STP in their first show of their own in the UK in years can't even get near to filling Brixton yet they can take 2nd headline at a festiavl for 100k people? Sorry but that doesn't quite work out for us, they were never that big over here and obviously aren't now they've come back. Think a lot of the bands are just too high and it doesn't sound like anybody is being slotted in above anyone currently announced so that really does look weak imo. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Kerrange just announced on twitter they will be announcing 30 new bands for Download tonight.

KerrangMagazine: At 6 we'll be unveiling 30 new bands for this year's K!-sponsored @downloadfest

30? Not a bad little haul.