Wickham Festival 2010

Guest Medina

Thanks for your support guys and gals.

We're very proud of our safety record with not a single incident of trouble over many years. Our security team deserve much of the credit for that.

And to show there's no hard feelings with Zydaco... I note that on the Guilfest Forum he rightly praises Kid Creole & The Coconuts as one of the best live acts around.

He's right! And we've just added Kid Creole to the Wickham line-up so if you miss the band when stewarding at Guilfest Zydaco I'll be happy to offer you a guest ticket to see them at Wickham instead.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your support guys and gals.

We're very proud of our safety record with not a single incident of trouble over many years. Our security team deserve much of the credit for that.

And to show there's no hard feelings with Zydaco... I note that on the Guilfest Forum he rightly praises Kid Creole & The Coconuts as one of the best live acts around.

He's right! And we've just added Kid Creole to the Wickham line-up so if you miss the band when stewarding at Guilfest Zydaco I'll be happy to offer you a guest ticket to see them at Wickham instead.

Pete iv nothing against your festy its great!!would happily be a paying punter, its the goons that iv got an issue with!!and the free ticket?? thanks but dont want my face rearranged in the car park by them, may just go over the fence though???

I don't know. I tries to be nice to people and still they moan.

Paul. You're right. Why DO I bother?

Zydaco. Thanks for at least saying you think my festival is great.

If you wish to attend I can promise you that no dog will bite your arse.

There's a condition on our licence stating that, guide dogs apart, no dogs are allowed on our site.

Can't promise you won't be bothered by a badger or damaged by a deer though... our Wickham site is so lovely and rural that we've both badgers and deer on the campsite.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pleased to announce that me and ms blue will be attending this year. We missed last year because of a planning issue (ours, not yours)but we're really looking forward to the great line up and bucolic setting :D

If Den's coming I might even do a countdown :unsure:

Edited by mr blue

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that we haven't had a single theft, crime or incident of trouble in four years and everyone who reported a lost purse or wallet got it back with all the money and credit cards inside.

How many other festivals can claim that?

As for Zydeco's (amusing but ridiculous) comments, all our security staff are exceedingly friendly and have very nice haircuts.

Ahhh. That was a police van chasing the Duck Squad at last year's Festival!

As our local MP was the guy who tried to claim for a duck house, a group of individuals made their own duck house and deposited it on our festival site surrounded by plastic ducks and police 'don't cross' tape. Everyone found it amusing... except for the police who confiscated the duck house and the tape which they claimed must have been stolen from police H.Q. They even wanted our CCTV video to try and identify the culprits (wouldn't have helped them as the guys who delivered the duck house all wore balaclavas).

Sadly the MP has been 'retired' so no duck house this year. And no, the police never caught the culprits.

• 5 weeks later...

Just want to say, I have just returned from Wickham Festival, first timer. What a brilliant chilled out festival, felt really safe bringing our little three year old who loved it.

Only downer was one of our party's tents was broken into and money stolen, we think by locals jumping over the fence. Someone returned from a 3am toilet run to find someone flashing a torch in the tent, he thought it was his lady friend. But as he approached a guy ran out and cheekily said 'alright' before running off.

It was quite scary really, but others also had money stolen from nearby tents in the middle of that night.

I would still return next year tho ;o)

• 5 weeks later...

Just back from a trip round Europe in the campervan which started off with a visit to Wickham festival. Arrived on the Saturday evening to be told that there was no room left at the campsite, and to camp in the car park. A minor disappointment as it turned out. Apart from that it was a thoroughly enjoyable festival. Compared to Download and T in the Park which I was at earlier in the year it's a real breath of fresh air. A mate of mine I've not seen for years turned up on the Sunday for a blether - entrance to the outside bitty for a tenner. Couple of beers in the sun listening to the music. Fantastic. Not many (any?) other festivals in the UK where you can do that.

I was concerned when I woke up on the Sunday morning as I could hear someone rustling our bin bag which I'd tied onto the wing mirror of the van. I stuck my head out to be greeted by a cheery face announcing "Morning, there's a new bin bag for you!", as he wandered off with my rubbish from the night before. Comparing this to T in the park I was shocked to say the least.

I will be back again, even though it's a 1200 mile round trip.

• 3 months later...

Only just noticed the really positive comments above from Dave Aber. Many thanks for that. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Wickham Dave.

Thanks also to Skywalker for the positive comments above Dave's. Sorry we had a few thefts from tents in 2010. First crimes of any kind we've had in years. Sadly just about every festival in the land has suffered thefts from tents and we were no different last summer. We've already put measures in place including more night-vision CCTV to help prevent any repeat in 2011.

Final thanks to efestivals for a great review of Wickham 2010. Unashamed plug for Wickham 2011. Earlybird tickets now on sale - save £30 per 4-day season ticket to the end of December. Artists confirmed so far include Bellowhead, The Peatbog Faeries, Kate Rusby, The Men They Couldn't Hang and Roy Bailey & Tony Benn. See the website www.wickhamfestival.co.uk

End of commercial. Happy Christmas!

Edited by Medina

10 miles from Portsmouth to be precise. 2 miles north of Fareham and easily reached via the M3 or A3 then M27 (junction 11) or the scenic route south from Alton and Farnham along the A32 Meon Valley. Nearest railway station is Fareham.

And if you decide to attend Timespeedsup we'll be delighted to see you! We're well sign-posted - our good friend from these messageboards, Marooned, lovingly produced many of our Festival signs!

10 miles from Portsmouth to be precise. 2 miles north of Fareham and easily reached via the M3 or A3 then M27 (junction 11) or the scenic route south from Alton and Farnham along the A32 Meon Valley. Nearest railway station is Fareham.

And if you decide to attend Timespeedsup we'll be delighted to see you! We're well sign-posted - our good friend from these messageboards, Marooned, lovingly produced many of our Festival signs!