Who's playing what day

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read on the Download Forums that officially confirmed by Andy Copping

the top line of the poster -AC/DC, RATM, AERSOMITH are headliners

second line of the poster- TCV, DEFTONES, STP are playing directly under the headliners on main, so sub headliners

third line of the poster- BFMV, 30STM, STONE SOUR are second stage headliners

100% no doubt about it

Just read on the Download Forums that officially confirmed by Andy Copping

the top line of the poster -AC/DC, RATM, AERSOMITH are headliners

second line of the poster- TCV, DEFTONES, STP are playing directly under the headliners on main, so sub headliners

third line of the poster- BFMV, 30STM, STONE SOUR are second stage headliners

100% no doubt about it

There is however one special guest classic band who haven't played the UK since 1991 and its not Manowar or Van Halen, Im not sure where they will be on the line up however

Im also not sure what the next line down is on the poster, if they're directly under TCV, DEFTONES and STP [im talking about Wolfmother, Motorhead line]

Also Friday is going to have less bands on it than in previous years due to AC/DC's stage setup

im just reading through it now, i'll post more if theres anything else of note

Edited by kyle s

f**k man f**kin f**k,i want to see ac/dc and bfmv if i have to choose itll be acdc hands down but bfmv are one of my favourite bands i take it they all paly at the same time so i wouldnt be able to catch a bit of bullet then sprint to acdc ? also anybody know know when the next announcement is

scratch the 2nd question march 15th (yn)

ACDC are going to have a 2 hour + set while BFMV will have 60-75 min, so you can easily watch all of Bullet and probs half of ACDC. I'm in the same situation and waiting on BFMV's new album / set times before deciding.

I don't honestly 'like' ACDC, I listen to them and enjoy their songs at a party or in small doses but they're not a band I'd cite when listing bands I like as such. It's more about the spectacle and stage show, argh.

This isn't going to be resolved soon, can't they just swap Stone Sour with BFMV for me :P.

i'm a fan but the lad's got a point.

airbourne are worse, surely ac/dc should be receiving royalties off every cent they make?

Just noticed Cinderella got confirmed for Sweden Rock too. They've been mooted on the Rumour Roundup thread on the Download boards, and I reckon they're pretty nailed on to play as the rumoured 'band who haven't played Donington since 1991'.

I'm getting quite concerned at the amount of classic rock being rumoured at the moment :/.

Mind you in terms of actual valid rumours I trust there's only like 2 certainties and I like both those bands... Download boards seem to be claming Biffy Clyro are 100% playing too but I really can't see it. Supposedly they self confirmed at a record signing.

I would like to see:

As I lay dying

Gojira

In Flames

All That Remains

Deadlock

Arch Enemy

SOiL

Soilwork

The Wildhearts/one of gingers many side projects

Bowling for Soup

Soulfly/Sepultura

Opeth

Behemoth

Someone make it happen.

f**k man f**kin f**k,i want to see ac/dc and bfmv if i have to choose itll be acdc hands down but bfmv are one of my favourite bands i take it they all paly at the same time so i wouldnt be able to catch a bit of bullet then sprint to acdc ? also anybody know know when the next announcement is

scratch the 2nd question march 15th (yn)

I'm getting quite concerned at the amount of classic rock being rumoured at the moment :/.

Mind you in terms of actual valid rumours I trust there's only like 2 certainties and I like both those bands... Download boards seem to be claming Biffy Clyro are 100% playing too but I really can't see it. Supposedly they self confirmed at a record signing.

I think Biffy have played more Downloads then any other bands - just with their continuing explosion into the mainstream I was sort of thinking they'd occupy a top 3 slot, maybe they'll settle for 4th top again though. It's not like Download is totally in tune with their main audience.

Just noticed Cinderella got confirmed for Sweden Rock too. They've been mooted on the Rumour Roundup thread on the Download boards, and I reckon they're pretty nailed on to play as the rumoured 'band who haven't played Donington since 1991'.