Hot Chip

Guest Boosh

I absolutely adore this band. They are far too good live for their own good, given how they sound on record and how they behave.

And I know light show shouldn't really come into a live band's performance all that much, but Hot Chip's is/was amazing.

They've got a new album out in the new year and are touring to support it.

That means there's a good chance, right?

I hope so.

Depending how well the record does surely they'll be worthy of a higher slot than JP headliner

They were 2nd to last on the other stage in 08, which for me already surpasses JP headliner level?

(based on Doves being offered a relatively early other slot or JP headliner...but at the same time I'd class Doves as being bigger than Hot Chip...dunno) Good chance they'll play I bet

Must, say, I had no idea they'd played so high already. Didn't realise they were that mainstream. You know, other than the obvious two or three tracks.

Looking at the venues on their tour I wouldn't have had them down for a sub headliner slot. The venues they have lined up (think, deal with O2), seem to say they're aiming high though.

I guess its just me thinking in my head that they'd be better in a tent. Which the atmosphere probably would be, doubt the band are that bothered.

Either way, I'm excited.

EDIT: just as a side note, does that horrendously bad spam ever actually work do you think? Like, ever?

Edited by Boosh

I love Hot Chip. Saw them twice in 08 and hope to see them in February next year - they are such a fun live band! I really hope they are at Glasto - would see them over most other bands (Radiohead & Faithless being the exceptions!!)

well i say its really good, i mean its like the difference between a band plahying whilst some lights are on behind them that change every song into something slightly different

and

a band is playing and their lighting engineer has worked with them closely and knows at what point in what song he should whip things round dramatically.

the strobes coming on during shake a fist sticks out in my head as being "hairs on neck" moment.

and yes. very dancey.

boy from school turns into a BEHEMOTH of a track.

cannot wait for the tour.

Hot Chip are great live and I'd love to see them back at Glasto, though I'm not sure where they'd go this time.

They headlined the Friday night in the JP in 2007, and then their show when they played after Elbow and just before Massive Attack on the other stage in 2008 was great, so I'd like to see where they'd end up if they were to play in 2010.

The lightshow is a great addition to their set, so if they were in a tent or a late slot on an outdoor stage it does add to the atmosphere of the show. Though I guess Zacko is right, where they do play will depend on how well their new album does...