Views on white campsite ?

Guest 00042213

Camped in white last year. yes there is a long walk -( more like 40 minutes on the way back). But if you only do it once a day its not a problem.

You can also get the ferry over which is easier on the legs but not really any quicker because queuing.

Campsite itself was great- chilled out and quiet enough to sleep, but not like a morgue.

Additional good points - it has its own bar and it is also no distance to carry your stuff from white car park.

Going to Leeds this year, but will definately use white again next time i go to Reading.

The walk really is only the bad thing. If it was one round trip then it wouldn't be a problem but I always return to my tent for several reasons. To get a drink, quite often a quick power nap, just for a rest etc. Also pretty much i will go back to get a jumper or jacket or something for the evening cause it can get quite cool.

Yes, i remember now it was a bit of a pain last year when it suddenly went really cold on the Saturday night after Queens of the Stoneage and rather than trying to get to the campsite and back again i ended up buying a £10 hoodie!

However that said, i am happy to make a sacrifice for six hours of uninterupted sleep a night!

Camped in white last two years and i would reccommend it. It's definately better now they have the bridge because the ferry system did take a long time. The campsite is more peaceful, but not so quiet that you feel like you should apologise for talking! The walk for me is nothing, this sounds stupid but it just depends on how fast you walk. If you avoid the pockets of slow walkers/drunk/drugged up and stick to the edges you can get from campsite to arena in 10/15 easily