The Twang

Guest jonnyx

“…and the album is also, of course, for all the entirety of its 44 minutes, and 23 seconds complete and utter dog shit”.

“there’s funk too, but its really, really badly played white-boy funk that sounds like castrated bits of Mick Hucknalls knob slapping against an unused Charlatans bongo drum”.

“Are you convinced you won’t be buying it yet?, its an abomination that should see whoever signed The Twang crucified”.

"...its the Chernobyl of pop music, 2009"

“the joke isn’t funny anymore, last orders rang out long ago and the game is well and truly up"

"DOWNLOAD: Anything other than this. Anything..."

:D Perfect for V Festival 2009 then?.

NME in building a band up & then slagging them off shocker!!

Seriously, the NME used to be a respectable publication, does anyone actually take their reviews seriously? The gave the La Coka Nostra album 4/10 whereas most people with more than a passing interest in hiphop are touting it as one of the better rap albums of trhe last few years.

NME in building a band up & then slagging them off shocker!!

Seriously, the NME used to be a respectable publication, does anyone actually take their reviews seriously? The gave the La Coka Nostra album 4/10 whereas most people with more than a passing interest in hiphop are touting it as one of the better rap albums of trhe last few years.

Edited by Flaminglippy

I'm by no means a fan of The Twang, in fact I think they're lad rock at its worst. However, this review is NME all over. A few years ago, when they first emerged, they were hailed as 'the band of our generation,' 'the best band in Britain' etc.

They were shit when I saw them support someone - I think Doves - about 3 years ago - and they're shit now. I thought I had read a better review somewhere, but then I heard them interviewed on XFM tonight and they played a track from the new album. Seriously underwhelmed.

NME are getting a new editor soon, thank the lord. i am so tired of the current format. however that said compare the twangs new album to that of the almighty humbug and its shitness shines through!

I agree they aint the best band in the world but I for one am glad to see them back at V this year. They were superb in the JJB at Staffs last year, put on a great show and really got the crowd going. Would go as far as to say they were the best live act I saw last year and shall be making a point of going to see them again this year in the Union.

I met them in hmv in brum on tuesday where they were signing albums... i actually didnt mean to i walked past the queue into the shop to get a cd and walked into a bloke who then went to sit at the signing desk i asked who they were and was told they were the twang and the bloke i walked into was the lead sinder really nice bloke he was too ... music may not be great but really friendly bunch of blokes...lol

Edited by cherries82

I love the Twang, ok there music may not be the most sophisticated but for a fun night out a Twang show is pretty good fun.

As for NME reviews didn't they originally give Definitely Maybe a 5 or 6 out of 10????