What EOTR music are you listening to today?

Guest bennyhana22

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

i must admit, some of the drumming on "those who tell the truth..." was top notch, it's just that i got into "post rock" with mogwai, godspeed and tortoise around 2001/2 and really, as a genre, it doesn't seem to have moved on much beyond that point to me. it strikes me as a very hard genre for bands to be distinctive in

now if you'll excuse me i've got an angry mob of post rock fans to flee :D

Flee you flea of a worm of a dog!

I know what you mean and I admit I don't know that many post-rock bands that well. The problem is that there are so many different sounds that seem to be lumped into the genre title. I LOVE iLiKETRAiNS, but they're not really much like Sigur Ros who I also adore (as my avatar and signature give away). The reason that I DO think EITS stand out is their melody progression. Their songs usually 'go' somewhere, sometimes a number of different places and I really like where they go. Their almost total lack of keyboard (occasional piano e.g. on The Rescue EP) astonishes me. The fact that they build up these delicate intricate but above all beautiful lines from just guitars (sometimes three, with NO BASS, e.g. The Only Moment We Were Alone) is just magical. I for one am more excited about EITS than any other act at EotR and will be in a state of euphoria for 1 1/4 magical hours on Friday night...

Ben

I doff my cap to Ben and his knowledge of EITS. I've always known of and about them, but have really only listened strongly in run-up to EOTR. Genuinely very excited about seeing them now! That wall of sound coming from the beauty of the Garden Stage in darkness will be magical. A herbal ciggie perhaps, and the scene is complete :D