corporate hospitality ? did they pay for it

Guest crashnburn

Calm down!

I didn't say they shouldn't cover it, just that 400 people seemed a lot. And no I haven't seen how many people are needed to cover a football match, how many is it?

I think part of the issue was that Glastonbury gets covered everywhere on loads of different channels, and perhaps they could pare down the crew, that maybe the amount of coverage and crew was bloated.

That was the argument in the media when I heard the 400 figure, because the BBC was getting stick for wasting licence money on a big staff junket.

It's only 3 days, not a week. Some people might go for nearly a week, but the music is still Friday to Sunday.

I am very calm, I am well chilled out lol.... But comments like yours annoy me, here's the rant lol....

But its not 3 days is it, do you think the beeb just turn up on Friday morning and all their equipment just magically appears???? Do you think the presenter & a camera person just appear in the magically appeared tv studio that has no lighting, no set, no information, no one to edit, no one to trouble shoot the production suite, no one to drive the production kit, no one to work the crane at the back of the pyramid crane which has a cameraman in it???? The list goes on.

The team required to supply the mount of program content provided by the beeb needs to be huge, Glastonbury festival is exactly the type of program that the beeb should be covering & I think this year they finally got it right with their coverage, with BBC2 3 & 4 covering the different musical genres & the many other things that happen at Glastonbury. The rest of world should look on in envy at what the beeb achieved at Glastonbury this year.

I am not usually a beeb sympathiser, but I do however, understand the manpower behind events like Glastonbury.

Working in the public sector I understand how public institutions work. Although the BBC is one umbrella the different stations will be run as totally different departments, similar to how Glastonbury works with a different team managing each stage. This is how most huge organisations work, you may not like it but it seems to work around the world.

Calm down!

I didn't say they shouldn't cover it, just that 400 people seemed a lot. And no I haven't seen how many people are needed to cover a football match, how many is it?

I think part of the issue was that Glastonbury gets covered everywhere on loads of different channels, and perhaps they could pare down the crew, that maybe the amount of coverage and crew was bloated.

That was the argument in the media when I heard the 400 figure, because the BBC was getting stick for wasting licence money on a big staff junket.

It's only 3 days, not a week. Some people might go for nearly a week, but the music is still Friday to Sunday.

I didn't say they shouldn't cover it, just that 400 people seemed a lot.

remember, due to the hours that Glastonbury runs, it's likely that at least two full shifts will be needed of the BBC teams - meaning that, for the eyes of the less informed world, the number that should banded about for BBC staff should really be 200 and not 400.

I still don't know how many people it takes to cover a football match?

I'm not dissing the BBC, nor am I against coverage!

It does seem though that all the coverage I ever see, with the 400 staff, is the Pyramid stage - for hundreds of people I think they could do better. As Dr Billy says, coverage could be more eclectic.

I still don't know how many people it takes to cover a football match?

I'm not dissing the BBC, nor am I against coverage!

It does seem though that all the coverage I ever see, with the 400 staff, is the Pyramid stage - for hundreds of people I think they could do better. As Dr Billy says, coverage could be more eclectic.