Increase in scum this year

Guest ministe2003

I'm sorry but the litter is just pure selfish ignorance. It's nothing to do with being young, and there's no reason for it whatsoever. That said, however much we moan here, it won't change things, as the sort of people who drop litter indiscriminately are not the sort of people who would be on here reading this. What can you do to change their behaviour Not sure.. as the "Love the Farm - Leave No Trace" slogan is a pathetic irony when you look around the site. I guess the only suggestions I have are firstly to keep litter to a minimum anyway, i.e. studies have shown that when it gets messy, people are more likely to drop litter. Have a regular jingle encouraging everyone to litter pick. And make damn sure the bins never overflow - really doesn't help...

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been twice, but I definitely noticed an increase in rudeness and anti-social behaviour compared to last year.

The taping off thing really irritates me, just down from our camp there was a massive area taped off with England bunting. The group sat under a gazebo on the edge of the path, and just made snide comments as we all walked past. The always seemed to be there, and there was a boy who looked about 8 trying to sell cans of stella. Argh.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I also thought there was an increase in sleaziness, with more men either making comments or being genuinely threatening. There were a lot of girls in my group (we're all 17/18) and all of us had at least one bad experience of this. I was groped while queuing for cider, and noticed a lot of leering and quite offensive remarks. There were several times when I felt I really had to keep an eye on my drunker friends and there was even a situation where I had to ask a kinder member of the crowd to help when a sober-looking middle aged man tried to lead my almost passwd-out friend away. I genuinely don't remember anything like this happening last year.

Saying that, I remember a group of blokes making a nasty comment to me on the first day in 2007 and it really knocked my confidence. Confidence lacks in me anyway so it really took its toll on me and upset me a lot. That time I was probably wearing a tshirt, jumper and jeans!!!

hehe....I'm glad that everyone on here seems to agree. I don't think it is right at all for people to do it. I wanted to tell the blokes to 'F off' but then you know it is just going to get you more comments so I glared at them, ducked away and walked off with my refreshing cider!

I have to agree, 2 of my mates were coming to find us in Blur and they were kindly wading through the crowd to get to us and when they arrived they spoke of a terrible experience. They tried to get past this woman who was sitting on the floor legs crossed and she was like, wher u guna go? you cant go through ther! my friends, said, yes we can, weve payed as much money as everyone else and im not goin to stand in front of you so walked past, then she put her foot out so my other friend would step on it, literally on purpose, my friend tripped on here foot and she started KICKING him! he couldnt be believe it, so they gave her some, thas not the glasto spirit i know!

people are too used to being able to do as they please, and then blame it on someone else, without ever taking responsibility for their actions,

'oh i was drunk, i don't remember'

or 'she asked for it' would be probable excuses

:|

Totally agree! It's not nice. Unfortunatly it can be quite intimidating for a female when a group of lads are involved. I got on a packed train once with two not very nice looking boys. I was about 20 at the time, they were about 17/18. One of them tried to grope me and whistled at me. I told him to 'F off' and got on the train. The other one followed me on and started to have a go at me for mouthing off to his mate. I replied with something about he had no right to grab me. He mouthed off a bit more. The train had not yet started moving and was at the end of the line. There were a lot of people on the carriage and the most support I got was a few business men shaking their heads and one guy who asked if I was OK, only to be nudged by his girlfriend who loudly whispered, 'don't get involved'. Never felt so alone! The boys eventually left and walked further down the carriage but were watching me the whole way to see if I got off. Luckily their stop was the one before mine. I have never been so scared as I walked to my mum's car though when I arrived, just in case they had got back on the train and were waiting to get me.

It's sad because I don't think people should be able to make others feel uncomfortable like that. But on the other hand it is difficult if they act like that towards you do anything back!

grrr...makes me angry!

Edited by markeee

I agree wi ya mate , the real scumbags were the so called security on gate c from the campervan field who were very aggresive and took my gear and mi mates on thurs nite !!!! c**ts !!!

Whilst I agree with the first poster - I think the number of actual real 'scum' as in nasty people were practically zero compared to the early nineties

I do think bins were emptied less rapidly than some years although I think that could be the result of more people using them making them fuller quicker.

it's difficult for everyone, you cant expect people to get involved in this day and age in my opinion, there's two problems

it either means the ner-do-wells focus their attentions on the person who's got involved and fill him in / stab him (and lets face it they would get sod all if this happened, suspended sentence, or a fine? or you get involved, they kick off...you fill them in,. suddenly you would be hauled up in court and punished to the full extent of the law,

I agree with every single word of this post, especially the points about flags, chairs and taping off of camping 'areas'. I didn't think that there were so many selfish twats in the world, never mind at one festival.
Edited by bee hatch

I didnt think it was as littery as 07. Although the Cider Bus was a mess on Thursday evening. BUT on Friday lunchtime it was pristine and there was lots of little litter elves in their uniforms doing a stirling job.

Some campsites were a fecking disgrace but compared to the yuckiness of 07 it t'werent too bad...but then again...I didnt venture into Babylon that much.

I didnt think it was as littery as 07. Although the Cider Bus was a mess on Thursday evening. BUT on Friday lunchtime it was pristine and there was lots of little litter elves in their uniforms doing a stirling job.

Some campsites were a fecking disgrace but compared to the yuckiness of 07 it t'werent too bad...but then again...I didnt venture into Babylon that much.

hehe....I'm glad that everyone on here seems to agree. I don't think it is right at all for people to do it. I wanted to tell the blokes to 'F off' but then you know it is just going to get you more comments so I glared at them, ducked away and walked off with my refreshing cider!

if u aint gonna have confidence in what ur wearin then u shouldnt be wearing it.

2bh all men look when chicks have on bikini's, if they were being lecherous tho u really shoulda handled it, then u woulda forgot about it rather than have it play on ur mind for the rest of ur time.

There's a huge difference from looking, and from groping.

Men will look at women are wearing bikinis, maybe we shouldn't but I for one really struggle not to. I will not however condone groping.

It would have been very hard for Laura to confront this though, esp when there were 3 of them, must have been intimidating.

dizy rascles set was attract a tw@ the fu**ing morons that set there seats up between the jp stage and the main stage all they could see was the green fence .... turds and ok i bring my flag but it stays with my tent as a ref point so i can find it when im off my face .. and chavs please keep to going to v fest or the isle of wight :D

but on the plus side i was expecting neil young to be crap but he blew my mind what a legend :lol:

There's a huge difference from looking, and from groping.

Men will look at women are wearing bikinis, maybe we shouldn't but I for one really struggle not to. I will not however condone groping.

It would have been very hard for Laura to confront this though, esp when there were 3 of them, must have been intimidating.

i completely disagree. if u have drinks in ur hand then u put ya drinks down then go and sort out said people. if it effects u that much u really have to sort it there and then. hundreds of people around u, so aint like ur in a dark alley @ nite.

u dont just let people try to/or grope u and ur like 'OH OK...' it lets them think they can keep doin it.

i completely disagree. if u have drinks in ur hand then u put ya drinks down then go and sort out said people. if it effects u that much u really have to sort it there and then. hundreds of people around u, so aint like ur in a dark alley @ nite.

u dont just let people try to/or grope u and ur like 'OH OK...' it lets them think they can keep doin it.

laura, firstly thats not on. no one has the right to do that and i feel for you. secondly has everyone come back from glasto with a massive comedown, i've come on the boards and all it is is people having a go at others for telling there stories