Who's the most famous person you've seen wandering round the site?

Guest Jenny Bucket

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanjay from eastenders!! Ligging hero! We managed to get backstage in 2000 and saw the majestic sight of sanjay wandering round trying to pull anything with a pulse.

Just to do the namedropping...we got backstage by walking off the pyramid mixed in with Macy and her band (I was behind macy...she's so tall!) and met LOADS of celebs (jo whiley, sara cox, keith allen - who was complete with entourage and was like king of the pikeys, emma :rolleyes:.

I will certainly be making an attempt to gain access again this year.

on a side note, at pheonix in '94 john peel came and sat down with us and ate his sarnies while we all watched jah wobble. Magnificent man, great to have met him, I bought a bag just like his and have taken it to every fest since because I am such a fanboy.

Seen a few in recent years... fortunately I've always had a shameless friend at hand to take a photo :P

suggs.jpg

Suggs doing gate-opening duties somewhere at the back of the other stage.

merchant.jpg

Stephen Merchant somewhere near the Queen's Head - Britain's seventh tallest comedian.

eavis.jpg

Somewhere backstage near the Pyramid when I was working last year, and chased his car down the road 'til he stopped. :rolleyes:

Seen a few but my favourite remains when I was buying a paper one morning, the chap serving me was about to hand the paper to me when he turned to his right and gave the paper to a chap on my left! I was about to take issue however when I turned to confront the rascal I realised it was Mr John Peel! Needless to say I was more than happy to wait my turn after the great man - even though I was first in line :rolleyes:

we were watching Paul Weller, Saturday, Pyramid Stage 2007...standing near the front, right hand side in front of speakers, about 3 or 4 rows from the front...a bloke behind me said to the people in front "can my son go to the front please, he can't see", they said yes & a blond boy (about 10 years old) wriggled his way through the crowd to the barrier...i recognised the low voice and turned around to see Harry Enfield ! i think he was wearing a leather jacket (or long coat) and a leather cowboy hat (was this a disguise ?)

i was to embarrassed to take a pic of him but other people did...felt sorry for him cos he was trapped there...no escape from the peasants... :rolleyes: