Last 3 Mainstage Bands.....?

Guest wilko8

How do you know that if youve only heard a few songs?

Very few bands offer something new now adays. Music's been around for years, its hard to be completely original. i cant think of many people who have combined pop-punk, hardcore, acoustic and the very melodic feel they have aswell as them.

I dont see how songs like Degausser can be considered as old and samey or whatever in any way

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldnt listen to a band because they around now. You should listen to them because they are good. Which brand new are.

If you only like bands who are original and cutting edge and different, you wouldnt have any interest in most the bands on the lineup, besides Faith no more and Radiohead.

You shouldnt listen to a band because they around now. You should listen to them because they are good. Which brand new are.

If you only like bands who are original and cutting edge and different, you wouldnt have any interest in most the bands on the lineup, besides Faith no more and Radiohead.

Obviously i think it is.

Im sure we could each list all the bands we like and do this for hours, but its a very pointless argument. Also, wrong thread, but nevermind, im just wondering what was the albums you bought based on the artwork? Just interested more than anything.

Really? Devil and God is quickly becoming one of my top 5 albums of the decade.

Last night it was 2 new, 2 YFW, 5 Deja, 7 Devil and God. I'd probably expect a similar scaled down version at R/L. Completely agree with the heat. I'm used to places like The Roadhouse and The Cockpit, but that set a whole new precedent.

Still think Death Cab might get slotted in, seem to fit well with that day.

Well, Brian Ewing is one of my favourite artists and as purely a piece of art I think its wonderful but it probably suits the mood and atmosphere of the album as much as any other album art I've seen.

Just for the record I'd say that this is the most perfect album art ever..

album-in-the-aeroplane-over-the-sea.jpg

I don't understand how we are actually judging bands based on their album artwork!

I've never judged a painter on his ability to play the saxophone.

To those of you who aren't fans of Devil and God, I would say it's a grower so if you haven't already, give it a few listens. Limousine is cutting!

I love Brand New live, but I think you have to be really into them to do so, I must admit.

I don't understand how we are actually judging bands based on their album artwork!

I've never judged a painter on his ability to play the saxophone.

To those of you who aren't fans of Devil and God, I would say it's a grower so if you haven't already, give it a few listens. Limousine is cutting!

I love Brand New live, but I think you have to be really into them to do so, I must admit.

Well, Brian Ewing is one of my favourite artists and as purely a piece of art I think its wonderful but it probably suits the mood and atmosphere of the album as much as any other album art I've seen.

Just for the record I'd say that this is the most perfect album art ever..

album-in-the-aeroplane-over-the-sea.jpg

No-one is judging a band only on their artwork, that would be crazy. But in a world in which bands have to put a cover on a cd or record (eventualy this will change when downloading because the only option) the cover is a part of the bands image, and like it or not it's an important part. The cover represents the band in the shop, it draws people to the band and it represents the bands personality. Just as I express myself through my cloathing bands express their music through the cover at a very basic level - that's how I look at it.

And A saxaphone is not a part of the painters work, album art is a part of a bands work.