You know you're at Glastonbury when...

Guest Joshuwarr

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....when you regain conciousness sometime in the morning in your sweatbox tent, dying for a dump and a wee so you stumble half asleep down to the turdises and join the queue just as the shitsuckers start to do their work....and you're downwind......retch or run or keep queueing? (if you can wait 15 mins and use nice clean ones!) They will be VERY smelly in this weather! ;)

you can talk complete bollocks to a stranger and not get smacked in the teeth

you can fall asleep on a bench and get woken up by people asking if your ok and offering food and drink

you can ask your tent neighbors with the big gazebo if you can chill under there a bit and be offered tea and biscuits

you can bump in to some one and be greeted by them asking if you want some of there joint

your so drunk that your hands wont work no more and some stranger sat next to you rolls your joint for you

and finally

you feel completely at ease and wonder why the rest of the world cant be like them magic 5 days

9 days left cant freaking wait :):lol:;);):):):):D:D

My wife works 24/7 always stressed out all the time,but when she sits down in her glastonbury camping chair, can of cidar in her hand and i see that huge beautiful smile on her face,thats when i know im there :);):lol:;)

I also love it when you're lying in your tent and someone walks past talking and you get about 2 lines of their conversation, it can be quite funny working out what they're on about.

We also love this. My friend took a notepad a couple of years back and jotted down everything we heard. There were some blinders. One of my personal favorites was...

"I've only ever seen one nice picture of Pete Docherty... and he still looked like a c**t!" hahaha.. Brilliant!!

:D

[/quote

That's a genius idea!! May do that this year...although do you get that same experience when in a campervan??

....when you regain conciousness sometime in the morning in your sweatbox tent, dying for a dump and a wee so you stumble half asleep down to the turdises and join the queue just as the shitsuckers start to do their work....and you're downwind......retch or run or keep queueing? (if you can wait 15 mins and use nice clean ones!) They will be VERY smelly in this weather! :unsure:

- When people who dont know each other talk.

- You're cold, tired, lost but really enjoying your self.

- When 700 acres of green turn into 700 acres of brown.

- When you hear the distinctive clang of the long drop doors.

when your sat in your tent and hear...

"mind the tent wires, their invisible but neon yellow!!!!!"

had to laugh it was along them lines, and you can feel a corner of your tent pulling as they fly over one

but one of my favs has to be unzipping tent in morning, and fresh air rushes in and stick on soggy wellies and head to loo and sink in jammys

oh and i hate them spiders that camp out in your tent too!

when your walking/standing/ lying down, look all around you as if your seeing the world for the first time, that fantastic warm glowing 'glastonbury moment' that you know you will remember for ever.

listening to songs that bring a tear to the eye just cos your there listening to it live (days like this, elbow last year!)

joining in with those crowd cheers around the camping fields

sat in your chair at 5 am outside your tent overlooking the whole site and watching the sun rise over the greatest place on earth - magic