The Human league - dont you want me

or

T-mobile Advert - Hey jude ;)

Best to dance too:

Basement Jaxx

Best to relax in the Sun:

The view (until they brought out Paolo)

Best Mosh:

Pendulum - Propane nightmares (punched in the Head twice :O )

Band that got me into festival spirit:

King meets queen (elvis and queen songs were very awsome)

Song i danced to when completly pissed:

The whole of the Mcfly set (apparently) :D

Yea I think the sound problems were from the further back speakers. I noticed the following day there was also a delay between the left and right sides whilst a band was on (one of the early acts) probably wouldn't notice it from most positions though.

I imagine Prodigy was crazy down the front :-D will have to see them again when they tour.

Yea I think the sound problems were from the further back speakers. I noticed the following day there was also a delay between the left and right sides whilst a band was on (one of the early acts) probably wouldn't notice it from most positions though.

I imagine Prodigy was crazy down the front :-D will have to see them again when they tour.

[quote name='OFI' date='Jun 15 2009, 04:03 PM' post='2841213

Worst Sound:

Prodigy :-(

Saw a sign up in one of the stalls saying the same actually, constant fading in and out!

Nice one isleofwighter,and scotty i'm already beamed up,now how do we teach the kids,Peace and much mosshing(bit of sean conery there) sort of stole my thunder about banging to the who, prodigyt pistols 2" from the bar and i'm 45 in oct,sounds like a good speed,now go and by all the northern soul you can ,the rarer the better,then moan about the loudness from the front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great weekend all round I thought the Ting Tings were good and was very impressed by Pendulum, Calvin Harris was good,Ultravox were great but I didn't expect them to be anything less,loved White Lies I could go on and on the whole festival was great music, weather,,people,just great "I'll be back again".

I thought this year's line up was the worst one ever, with far too many mundane easy listening bands for my liking.

Thankfully, the awesome Pendulum, Pixies, Sterephonics, Mercury Rev , Killing Joke and the long past their best Goldielookinchain managed to entertain me between pints.

What was it with the sound this year? Apart from Pendulum it seemed that if you weren't down the front it was so low the noise from the funafair drowned out the music!

I thought this year's line up was the worst one ever, with far too many mundane easy listening bands for my liking.

Thankfully, the awesome Pendulum, Pixies, Sterephonics, Mercury Rev , Killing Joke and the long past their best Goldielookinchain managed to entertain me between pints.

What was it with the sound this year? Apart from Pendulum it seemed that if you weren't down the front it was so low the noise from the funafair drowned out the music!

i may as well do this little questionaire dealy now i'm more back down to earth and rcovered.

Best Sing along:

Prodigy - Out of Space

Best to dance too:

The Prodigy

Best to relax in the Sun:

Mercury Rev

Best Mosh:

The Prodigy - Run With The Wolves

Band that got me into festival spirit:

Pendulum

Song i danced to when completly pissed:

Comanche - The Prodigy

though to be fair i danced my arse off to everything when shitfaced

Basement Jaxx were brilliant, I have never jumped around to an act before, but that night when they came on I and the others went mad loved it :lol:

Human League were good aswell sat outside the big top for them.

The Script, The Zombies, The View, The Rifles, GLC (brilliance), Simple Minds were all great aswell.

personally i thought basement jaxx were weak compared to the other times i saw them but they were still good they just seemed a little flat really and going through the motions and not playing plug it in was a travesty seeing as they played those very weak new songs.

also shame they were sandwiched between two heavier acts who rocked the place to bits.

just copying and pasting this list of who i saw from another place i frequent.

The Complete Stone Roses - (not a bad cover band at all i can see why they have sell out tours in pretty decent sized venues i would go as far as saying the singer is better than Ian Brown himself these days)

Iglu & Hartley - (i actually hate that song they had the big hit with BUT they weren't too bad live actually)

The Ting Tings - (good and got the crowd going and make a pretty big sound for a 2 piece)

Pendulum - (not a fan of them and their watered down drum and bass for the masses as their songs do all sound similar BUT very very good live and got the place rocking big time)

Basement Jaxx - (i was really looking forward to these guys as last time i saw them they were awesome but this time they left me a little underwhelmed and flat they just seemed to be going through the motions)

The Prodigy - (f**king immense! got right down front about 10ft away from the barrier and it was just insane they now go into my top 10 live acts i've seen)

The View - (pretty good just like last time couldn't understand a word any of them said between songs though lol)

Mercury Rev - (pretty damn magical!)

Will Young - (meh why not?)

Maximo Park - (what the women see in this band i don't know i really don't)

Razorlight - (surprisingly awesome!)

Stereophonics - (pretty good from what i remember of it played lots of the old stuff and steered clear of the middle career ballady bullshit so it was all good, but Kelly Jones has a teeny tiny body and abnormally large head and it's freaky as f**k)

Simple Minds - (i as feeling like shit and there was nothing else to watch in the big top so a nice sit down on the grass surrounded by the older folk all reliving their youth with the weasle faced jim kerr i was trying to recover from the previous night is just what the doctor ordered and it was good to sing along to the breakfast club theme music)

The Horrors - (this was a big dilemma for me The Horrors or Pixies i like both and have seen both live before and the horrors where better live add to this pretty much all my friends went to the horrors and my mind was made up,..... only this time round The Horrors played stuff mainly from the new album which is hugely different to the first album and it just doesn't go down as well live and they have ditched all the theatrics and just come across and bored and poncey)

Killing Joke - (started off slow but then again i don't really know their work much just that they are a very early metal band who have influenced a hell of a lot of impressive artists like Nirvana, NIN etc but by the end of the gig they had drawn an impressive crowd and were going down a storm and had even people stood outside dancing like maniacs)

really enjoyed basement jaxx, the maccabees, mercury rev, maximo park, stereophonics, james walsh, pains at being pure at heart, pixies, neil young and was really impressed by Two Door Cinema club at the bow time bar, and you can't beat some Russeloke

The Horrors - (this was a big dilemma for me The Horrors or Pixies i like both and have seen both live before and the horrors where better live add to this pretty much all my friends went to the horrors and my mind was made up,..... only this time round The Horrors played stuff mainly from the new album which is hugely different to the first album and it just doesn't go down as well live and they have ditched all the theatrics and just come across and bored and poncey)

charlatans

phonics

maximo park

pigeon detectives

ladyhawk (alot better than what i saw on tv at big weekend)

pendulum

the horrors were shocking in my opinion...there set just sounded like one big never ending noise..i was expecting alot better after listening the new album. :blink:

got to be basement jaxx - had so much fun jumping around and having a mini rave :unsure: also i really enjoyed pendulum and mcfly *ahem*

my best acts of the weekend were, the scripts, human league, pendulum, stereophonic, razorlight,

paolo nutini, mc fly(laura's fault, jokes) , goldielookinchain and the best of all

BASEMENT JAXX

ah i saw you singing to mcfly!!!! you enjoyed them really!