Going on my own

Guest man_d

Hi all, I finally couldn't meet You (Sue our meeting seemed imposible) because I forgot a notebook where I had some telephone numbers written on in Spain, so I couldn't call You. Yeah, hell... I'm a disaster. I wish I could meet You all, so I wouldn't be alone during the three days. But at the same time, It has been allright, I've been thinking in my own things for a bit and seen 39 concerts!!!

The festival has been Great, although I couldn't see Fleet Foxes. Nevermind, because after seeing Quack Quack (I didn't know them, and has turned my fav gig) everything is justified.

Thanks a lot, Sue, for texting me on Sunday, and of course, to this lovely organization this festival has. You made me feel like at home!!!

I hope I will meet You all next year!

Best for all.

Sergi.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry Rhonda and I didn't see more of you guys (were ducking between stages on Friday and got a bit shy on Saturday) but glad we spent some time with you on Sunday. Was a most pleasant way to start the day, and we got some killer band recommendations (would have missed Duke and the King and the Tallest Man on Earth were it not for you all :D). Thanks to everyone for organising :D

• 9 months later...

Hi guys,

Not bought my ticket yet as I've been waiting to see if I can persuade my broke friends to come. Now going on my own seems an option. Be great to meet new folk too.

It's such an amazing line up this year. Went to the festival 2 years ago and absolutely loved it.

I'm old - and going on my own! haha.

Decided to come to the festival on sonny boy's huge recommendation. Just done Glasto virtually solo ( friend who just didn't want to hear bands I wanted to)

Sort of enjoyed it, but would enjoy it more with more people to chat to. Just the sheer size of Glasto can make you feel isolated ..... moan over!However I met

some great people generally.

I'm old - and going on my own! haha.

Decided to come to the festival on sonny boy's huge recommendation. Just done Glasto virtually solo ( friend who just didn't want to hear bands I wanted to)

Sort of enjoyed it, but would enjoy it more with more people to chat to. Just the sheer size of Glasto can make you feel isolated ..... moan over!However I met

some great people generally.

Hey folks, coming over from Dublin this year on my toblerone!! Have been last 2 years with couple mates but although they bailed on me this year, just cant turn down that lineup!! Absolute massive Wilco fan so i'm in!! Not on Facebook so presume details will be posted here about this 'magical singleton campsite'! That said, its a brilliantly laid back & friendly festival, not really bothered bout goin on my own...

Hey folks, coming over from Dublin this year on my toblerone!! Have been last 2 years with couple mates but although they bailed on me this year, just cant turn down that lineup!! Absolute massive Wilco fan so i'm in!! Not on Facebook so presume details will be posted here about this 'magical singleton campsite'! That said, its a brilliantly laid back & friendly festival, not really bothered bout goin on my own...

I’m another loner, first time EOTR after four successive years at latitude, initially solo. Have lurked on here for a year or so and finally taken the plunge and now have ticket for this year. To say I’m stupidly excited wouldn’t be an overstatement.

Am officially a geofelgie fan on the Latitude forum, not sure if that counts for me or against here (?) but would appreciate being able to tag along with you guys.

Cheers

Riverlodge

• 1 month later...

Hi, I think theres another thread on here called "Whats this about a campsite for lone campers" You need to read that for information about where we will be camping etc.... I don't think many people are posting on here at the moment, but hope that you can join us!

Details: I have a flag - which is in four quarters: Sky blue, Brown, Grey and

Red (Harlequins rugby).

As you walk on...to site there's family and disabled camping, then Tangarine Fields ALL ON THE RIGHT.....the village (big top etc) is on the left.

After tangarine fields.......general camping is in front and to the right...... we go about 50/100 yards DIAGONALLY RIGHT - and spread out - this'll make sense when you get there I promise.

So if you're arriving late or on Friday look for us behind Tangarine Fields.

I'm always happy to give people my mobile should they be worried, just send me a private message if you want it. I'm sure others will swap numbers too if you want extra reassurance.

Basically it's pretty easy because the festie is so small. See you all in less than three weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

ps quite a few of us will be arriving early 1-2pm and will be waiting outside - I'll be carrying the flag - so if you're doing the same keep an eye out for us.