Going on my own

Guest man_d

Hello chaps

I have to go to this festival, it has a dream line up for me.

Annoyingly though, chances are I'll be going on my own.

Has anyone else been to this on their own, if so, what's it like?

Help / comments / suggestions appreciated!

Mandy

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been on my own - but I'd say it's one of the most laid-back and friendly fests I've been to. You should have absolutely no bother meeting people and bimbling around alone.

I think there's even an e-fests campsite meet (or at least, there was last year) which might be a good way to speed up the people meeting process!

Sold! Thanks for the encouragement chaps, I can't wait for this!

It is a shame about Papercuts, but Blitzen Trapper and The Dodos, Shearwater, Loney Dear not to mention Fleet Foxes!

This line up is better than Glastonbury as far as I'm concerned :lol:

Hi, a few of us (mostly fellow latitudiners who met through a Billy No Mates Camp, now renamed Billy Loadsa Mates) went last year and we welcomed allcomers, solo and otherwise. We had a fantastic time.

We will all be returning this year, plus at least a couple more. Anyone welcome!!!!!

Hi, a few of us (mostly fellow latitudiners who met through a Billy No Mates Camp, now renamed Billy Loadsa Mates) went last year and we welcomed allcomers, solo and otherwise. We had a fantastic time.

We will all be returning this year, plus at least a couple more. Anyone welcome!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, I went on my own last year and camped with the lovely efests lot, none of whom I'd never met before, and it was wonderful! Shall be repeating this year and it's always 'the more the merrier' with an efest camp :D

See you in September!

Hi, I'm thinking of going on my own too - haven't persuaded anyone yet and I don't want to miss out on such a great line up! Can someone explain a bit more about the efests meet-up idea? Would love to meet some fellow billy no mates or just anyone who fancies a damn good weekend with an amazing soundtrack... :rolleyes:

Hi, there's about 10 of us at the mo. We're not strictly "Billy no mates" any more but we grew out of such a camp at Latitude the past couple of years. happy to welcome all-comers, especially those flying solo.

I get to camp a day early cos my mate is a steward and he can't get there without me. I'll pm my mobile number to anyone who wants it, then I'll text where we are assembling on the morning of the festival.

Hi, I'm thinking of going on my own too - haven't persuaded anyone yet and I don't want to miss out on such a great line up! Can someone explain a bit more about the efests meet-up idea? Would love to meet some fellow billy no mates or just anyone who fancies a damn good weekend with an amazing soundtrack... :lol:

I can't recommend enough that you just get a ticket - you won't regret it! As has been said, we'll swap numbers so we can find each other/the camp when we get there, then you have a group of people to camp with. Everyone's really friendly, and with an eFests camp + going 'alone' you have the best situation - there are always people to hang out with/see bands with/have a dance with/talk to late at night, yet no obligations any time you want a solo wander or to see an act no-one else does. I've done Glasto twice this way and EotR once, and I wouldn't have it any other way now! Everyone's really friendly and welcoming and you'll have a great time :huh:

Also, last year I went down the night before and stayed in Salisbury, and I imagine I'll do the same this year. I don't know where you're from, but if you, and anyone else here, want to meet up the night before in the pub in Salisbury, it's a nice ice-breaker and a good start to the festival :lol: There were only two of us eFesters last year, but I think this year we can do better! ;)

PS - geofelgie - I ordered a Latitude ticket today :D

Edited by relhq

Oh, I hadn't thought of travelling to Salisbury on Thurs (am coming from Leics), how pricey is it? That's got me thinking! Definitely going now, paid for my ticket last Thursday. Found out two mates are up for it, though not sure re travel yet, so may still be getting there on my own! Listening to Fleet Foxes and getting into the spirit of things already... :D

Don't be silly! Still intending to maintain my 100% EOTREFPG attendance record! Amesbury is up the road from Salisbury. The Travelodge is on the A303. Opposite direction from EOTR but not far.

Gordie - guess what??!!

I've got another person for the EOTREFPG!!! A friend of mine is coming with her dad, and she's going to come down the night before with me ;)

Think they may join our camp as well, which they'd fit into very well :P

Gordie - guess what??!!

I've got another person for the EOTREFPG!!! A friend of mine is coming with her dad, and she's going to come down the night before with me ;)

Think they may join our camp as well, which they'd fit into very well :P

Hi all! this is my first message in this forum, and just writing to say that I'm going again on my own this year. I went last and I had a great experience because people were very kind and helpful. I'm Spanish and I'm moving from Madrid to Salisbury only for the festival -If I had more holiday...- so, if anyone going alone (or not) want to contact or something, here I am!

cheers everyone!!!

Hi all! this is my first message in this forum, and just writing to say that I'm going again on my own this year. I went last and I had a great experience because people were very kind and helpful. I'm Spanish and I'm moving from Madrid to Salisbury only for the festival -If I had more holiday...- so, if anyone going alone (or not) want to contact or something, here I am!

cheers everyone!!!

Thanks for the welcoming!

Oh, really? Where's the pub?? I'll be in London thursday all day and I'll part through the festival early in the morning of friday. What about the camp You mentioned? It sounds great!

cheers.

Ps: Sorry for my English, hope You understand It.

Shame, shame, shame!!! by the moment, I think I wont carry the tent with me, I'll book something like tangerine or myhab. It's unconfortable to carry It from Spain (apart the sleeping bag, etc). If You do a kind of meeting, just let me know, please.

Thanks for the info Angelheaded..

:rolleyes:

Edited by kiototar

This thursday idea sounds cunning - I'll be in my camper so just need to find somewhere near the pub to park up and it seems like maybe a goer for me too! Been trying to convince some others to go but no luck so far...

Tiff