Getting a tattoo...

Guest jamiepatrick

Having discovered that there is a tattoo parlour in Shangri-La, I've been thinking of getting one at this year's festival. I've wanted one for ages, but I'm a bit dubious as to how reputable this particular tattoo parlour is.

Has anyone been before, and does anyone know what the pricing is like? Obviously I'll leave it til Sunday evening to get the tattoo and I'll make sure I'm clean, but... Is it safe? Am I mental??

Having discovered that there is a tattoo parlour in Shangri-La, I've been thinking of getting one at this year's festival. I've wanted one for ages, but I'm a bit dubious as to how reputable this particular tattoo parlour is.

Has anyone been before, and does anyone know what the pricing is like? Obviously I'll leave it til Sunday evening to get the tattoo and I'll make sure I'm clean, but... Is it safe? Am I mental??

No come on... we don't know whether its a real parlour or not :D

Not sure these days with health and safety etc. and the fact that you might be shitfaced, get "MASH-HEAD" tattooed across your forehead, then come back later and kick the tattooists head in :D whether there'd be a tattoist willing to risk doing a festival.

Not sure though, have to wait and see, wouldn't surprise me if it was real :)

bad idea to get one, i totaly mashed up one as i got it then went out on a bit of a bender, and hey presto infected tattoo, lack of care and wot not, it now needs to be re-tattooed as its a mess. my own fault.

but anyway not the best place to get one id say.

I've seen places that do piercings and tattoos at festivals before. It's a bad idea. How can you expect to keep it clean when you're spending the week/weekend at a festival, possibly in the mud, getting sweaty and not having proper washing facilities? There's the cance that it could get injured in a crowd too.

When yoy get a tattoo you get aftercare with it. You can get in touch with the parlour if there's any problems and a lot of the time it will need a (free) retouch after a few weeks.... You're not going to get this at a festival.

it is illegal to have such things all tattoo parlours are licenced and heavily monitored these will be temporary tattoos and anyone planning on getting tattoo's should always do their homework and pick decent artists with a good portfolio etc