McFly confirmed

Guest emu12

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the filthiest dream ever about Gene Simmons, how he looks now, old and wizzened and not in his youthful days, he locked me in a caravan for a weekend and had his very very wicked way with me all weekend, I woke up in the morning totally in love with him, still get a flutter in my stomach when i see him, now what is that all about

I had the filthiest dream ever about Gene Simmons, how he looks now, old and wizzened and not in his youthful days, he locked me in a caravan for a weekend and had his very very wicked way with me all weekend, I woke up in the morning totally in love with him, still get a flutter in my stomach when i see him, now what is that all about
Edited by Flaminglippy

Just out of interest - who made it illegal, uncool and un-acceptable to like pop music??? Just interested, that's all....

The reason I ask is I am not a big fan of any Heavy Metal music - to me 80% of it is pointless drivel listened to, and watched by, soap dodging loners who had no friends at school - but I don't keep posting it on the Download forum because that would just be looking for a reaction..... :rolleyes:

Just out of interest - who made it illegal, uncool and un-acceptable to like pop music??? Just interested, that's all....

The reason I ask is I am not a big fan of any Heavy Metal music - to me 80% of it is pointless drivel listened to, and watched by, soap dodging loners who had no friends at school - but I don't keep posting it on the Download forum because that would just be looking for a reaction..... ;)

quote name='Flaminglippy' date='May 31 2009, 02:04 AM' post='2800243']

Brilliant! Of course...you're right mate...totally....spot on. No, really...spot on....

Right...lets have no more moaning...you bloody people...you think that just because you forked out £150 a ticket, talked your mates into doing the same, you've booked time off work, you've budgeted another couple of hundred to spend whilst you're there...all on the assumption that there might be a couple of bands there worth seeing...you think that gives you the right to express an opinion when they announce another godawful band...whats the matter with you all eh!!??? You should be grateful that the organisers are putting anybody on at all...they don't have to you know...

Youre being very very stupid of corse people are pissed off im sure you have heard of the recesion have you? well £160 is a hell of alot of money and if I was going to V I would be fuming.... there is two key words here ROCK FESTIVAL minus the few exceptions there is hardly any. The matter with everyone is there sick of being mugged for there monney. I no its got nothing to do with festival but the mp exspences another exscuse of being muggged for monney. Whats the matter with you? I think is the question.

And the bit that makes me laugh when you said "You should be grateful that the organisers are putting anybody on at all...they don't have to you know..." OF COURSE THEY DONT HAVE TO BUT THEY DO IT TO MAKE MONEY. IF THEY DONT DO IT THERE WOULDNT BE GOD KNOWS HOW MANY PEOPLE MOANING ON HERE.

JESUS MAN THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR SAYING

The reason I ask is I am not a big fan of any Heavy Metal music - to me 80% of it is pointless drivel listened to, and watched by, soap dodging loners who had no friends at school - but I don't keep posting it on the Download forum because that would just be looking for a reaction..... :rolleyes:

thats a sweeping generalisation of heavy metal music. I like festivals where theres a good mixture of music, thats why I like glastonbury so much. when has download ever been just a heavy metal festival? I dont see faith no more and def leppard been metal. Thats has been downloads customers for a few years thats there not enough metal, never mind just metal.

Don't worry - was just using it as an example really. I just think people are too up tight sometimes when it comes to music "genres" and "manufactured" acts and "pop" crap... I think it's my age as I was far more into my Indie music when I was a teenager in the early nineties, but as you get older, I think you just learn to accept it far more.

My iPod contains music from Thin Lizzy to Sugababes, Dr Hook to Wolfmother, Metallica to McFly and everything in between (although I do stop short at N-Dubz - just don't get it) - if I like it, I like it!!! And live - if it entertains me, that's good enough for me!!

My favourite live band ever are Gomez - pure quality, but last year I went and saw Kylie Minogue, it was a freebie I admit, but I still went, and I have to say it was superb!! Variety is the spice of life!!! People should try different things. I understand why non pop lovers are peed off with the line-up, but I will be watching what I consider a decent cross section of artists and acts this year at V.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who agree with me...... :rolleyes:

There's two types of "Pop music" to me. Using examples from V line-up...

Pop music = McFly, N-Dubz, The Saturdays, Will Young

Inoffensive, usually generic, maufactured, little talent, lazy music that doesn't really do anything for me, but doesn't force me to turn off. A lot of covers in this section, e.g. Saturdays - Just Can't Get Enough. Bands usually rely on 'eye-candy' to be popular. (Some would say the Saturdays MOST DEFINITELY fit in this category due to this ;) )

Popular music = The Killers, Oasis, MGMT, Snow Patrol

Music that is listened to by many people, sometimes with creditworthy material and songs that are usually written by the band. Image is not needed (take the Gallaghers perhaps), but can be useful. Some covers in this section.

I know this might be a bit controversial, but it's just my opinion. :rolleyes:

There's two types of "Pop music" to me. Using examples from V line-up...

Pop music = McFly, N-Dubz, The Saturdays, Will Young

Inoffensive, usually generic, maufactured, little talent, lazy music that doesn't really do anything for me, but doesn't force me to turn off. A lot of covers in this section, e.g. Saturdays - Just Can't Get Enough. Bands usually rely on 'eye-candy' to be popular. (Some would say the Saturdays MOST DEFINITELY fit in this category due to this :rolleyes: )

Popular music = The Killers, Oasis, MGMT, Snow Patrol

Music that is listened to by many people, sometimes with creditworthy material and songs that are usually written by the band. Image is not needed (take the Gallaghers perhaps), but can be useful. Some covers in this section.

I know this might be a bit controversial, but it's just my opinion. ;)

the thing Its just how much festivals have become mainstream and how the festival goer have in general become mainstream.

Would you have such "groups" like mcfly, ndubs play mainstream festivals 10 to 15 yrs ago?

I wasn't saying the people were lazy, I was saying THE MUSIC was lazy.

They might be brilliant individual musicians, but what comes out just is bland and uninspirational.

By this I mean, it doesn't differentiate from the other acts by much, or even from their own songs. It doesn't push any boundaries, or cross them. It uses the same formula, the same 4/4 timing etc etc.

I was inspired to bash the tubs by bands like Radiohead, Avenged Sevenfold, Bloc Party and lots of other rock/hard rock/metal music. I couldn't say McFly or Will Young would inspire me to pick up a guitar, or learn to sing in tune...

I was inspired to bash the tubs by bands like Radiohead, Avenged Sevenfold, Bloc Party and lots of other rock/hard rock/metal music. I couldn't say McFly or Will Young would inspire me to pick up a guitar, or learn to sing in tune...

I wasn't saying the people were lazy, I was saying THE MUSIC was lazy.

They might be brilliant individual musicians, but what comes out just is bland and uninspirational.

By this I mean, it doesn't differentiate from the other acts by much, or even from their own songs. It doesn't push any boundaries, or cross them. It uses the same formula, the same 4/4 timing etc etc.

i would say mcfly have inspired alot of people to learn to play guitars...it just comes down to taste in music taste i guess. And none of mcflys albums sound the same but again i undertsand why it would be uninspirational if you didnt like that type of music.