What to do on Wed's?

Guest NatterJackToad

Sorry, I know that was quite non-specific. :D By exploring on the Wednesday you will figure out the things that aren't music that you want to see throughout the festival and also figure out where all the stages are. Anyway, hope that that has helped some what. :D

There's STACKS on on Thurs evening, This year the Queens Head has a full program of bands, there will be lots of other small stages with DJ's / bands on and no-doubt some of Shangri-La will be open, I saw Proghorn late Thursday night down there last year before heading up to the Park and enjoying the Baggy Mondays Indie disco in some random tent there.

Actual entertainment on the Wed has always been a bit short but this year it officially starts earlier so who knows.

As Mr Tickle says, Queens Head is good for a Thursday (although I am a bit biased as my brother's mate usually does a set there on the Thursday and also one year there was a band signed to a label my brothers involved with who were on there so I went to check them out).

Also check out the cinema stage. It may sound like the last thing you would want to do at Glastonbury but that cinema field has played host to some classic moments. There is always one film that is a childhood classic and it provides some great moments! :D Goonies in 2005, Ghostbusters in 2007.

Last year on Thursday it was a wash out, quite literally and I was lazy so stayed at our campsite (whoops...what a waste!). Don't do that. :D

Yep there are bands on Wednesday on small stages/improvised music in eating areas etc

Not sure but I am hoping silent disco starts wed night but I guess not in dance village

However Last time in 2007 I had a fab time early evening meeting new people and sitting around the Jazz stage area right by the Brothers cider bus

Just the vibe of thousands of others doing same thing is entertainment in itself

Just roll with it and you will have great time Im sure!

There is of course the efestivals cider bus meet on th wed too which is a great place to meet loads of lovely people! And this year is the first efestivals Glastonbury World Cup with Hobo Jones and Junkyard Dogs doing the pre-match entertainment...this will be in the pyramid field from 3pm :D !

The more the merrier!!

There is of course the efestivals cider bus meet on th wed too which is a great place to meet loads of lovely people! And this year is the first efestivals Glastonbury World Cup with Hobo Jones and Junkyard Dogs doing the pre-match entertainment...this will be in the pyramid field from 3pm :D !

The more the merrier!!

Play it like me,

set up camp,

settle in,

Meet neighbors

locate water and toilets

have your welcome to the festival beer/drink/brew up

Sort out the sleeping arrangements

Meet more neighbors

Get lost on a walk about, maybe with neighbors

Find the local secrets

Wonder down to cider bus for a few

stagger back after maybe visiting a bar or two with music.

Take about 10 minutes wondering to your self "I left my tent here, somewhere"

Realise your in the wrong field (DOH! I camped here last year! :D )

Find the actual field you camped in,

trip over own tent, twice!

get inside and crawl into bed for the earliest night you will get all week!

hehe....whilst we are talking about Scotland, I see your from Glasgow (well Barrhead). My mum was born there and my dad grew up in Clarkston. In fact, my brother and sister were born there too (well in Paisley). I'm the only one in my family not to have been born there or lived there. :D Haven't been up to visit the area in about 9 years either and must do it this year. I love Scotland!!!! :)

Great day to meet your neighbours, explore the outlying fields and discover the amazing range of food and drink available. Also get your bearings and work out times to get to places and locations to meet up.

Remember with lots of people arriving your tent will probably be in a sea of others when you return so it won't look the same or be that easy to find.

just make yourself comfortable in your surroundings and get to no each other then you will feel more comfortable and you could go,have a walk around and find out where all the stages are! :rolleyes: