Friday arrival

Guest surfncanoe

Hi all

This is my first Wychwood. Could anybody let me know what happens on arrival. I understand you need to get your wristbands before you go to the campsite. I have looked on the wychwood website, but cannot find out where I am supposed to go.

Also, does anyone know what time it all starts on the friday.

Thanks

Ian

Hi all

This is my first Wychwood. Could anybody let me know what happens on arrival. I understand you need to get your wristbands before you go to the campsite. I have looked on the wychwood website, but cannot find out where I am supposed to go.

Also, does anyone know what time it all starts on the friday.

Thanks

Ian

Thanks Graeme. Thats really helpful.

Ian

Assuming its the same as before, you go to the main entrance to get your wristband when you arrive. There's a giant car park next to it - its' really easy. The staff are dead friendly thought if its not a busy time you may get told more about the workshops than you actually really want to know...

Then walk though to the campsite if you're on foot, or drive on, drop off, drive back to the car park. Seriously, don't worry - its one of the least stressy festival arrivals going. It can be a bit of trek if you arrive late mind and the campsite's filled up.

Not sure what time it kicks off - late afternoon I think. Graeme?

Thanks Richard, thanks Ian! I like the idea of me Mr H trading places! So on Friday the campsite opens at midday so if you like you can get in early and get settled. The festival opens around 4.30pm, that's the time of the first band on, we may be open a bit earlier once we've been inspected! I think the first workshops start around 5pm, and then off we go until 3am Monday morning!

• 5 months later...
Spambot? - what was the point of it??

I've no idea - but we get quite a lot of spambots here which post things that you look at and think "are they talking about this thread, or not?" - the wording is sometimes vaguely relevant to the thread, and it's other aspects (often of their profile) which give them away as a spambot.

I'm guessing that spambots like these are 'script kiddies' playing around with spambot programs, finding out what they can be used to do.

• 2 weeks later...
I've no idea - but we get quite a lot of spambots here which post things that you look at and think "are they talking about this thread, or not?" - the wording is sometimes vaguely relevant to the thread, and it's other aspects (often of their profile) which give them away as a spambot.

I'm guessing that spambots like these are 'script kiddies' playing around with spambot programs, finding out what they can be used to do.