Guest gregory

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They're awful live.

Good thing theres plenty of dubstep at Glasto to keep us happy, eh?

But seriously tho, i got a holiday to Iceland out of selling my Reading ticket, and i'm going to Glasto. I usually wouldn't gloat like this, but i always end up making the wrong decision and this time i was right on the money.

Even my mates who were trying to persuade me to go are thinking about sellign their tickets now.

I saw good 30 bands last year. This year i can count about 5 i would like to see.

Reading and Leeds need to get their act together, they've lost sight of whatmakes it a good festival and its annoying me because i was looking forward to it.

Edited by VCK

They're awful live.

Good thing theres plenty of dubstep at Glasto to keep us happy, eh?

But seriously tho, i got a holiday to Iceland out of selling my Reading ticket, and i'm going to Glasto. I usually wouldn't gloat like this, but i always end up making the wrong decision and this time i was right on the money.

Even my mates who were trying to persuade me to go are thinking about sellign their tickets now.

I saw good 30 bands last year. This year i can count about 5 i would like to see.

Reading and Leeds need to get their act together, they've lost sight of whatmakes it a good festival and its annoying me because i was looking forward to it.

Exactly! It's not as if we were gonna get anyone massive in the remaining slots! I'm quite happy with NFG as I wasn't expecting them, Fightstar are pretty good live, Spinnerette will be worth a look at, and the rest I've either never heard of or don't give a shit about!

Reel Big Fish or Sum 41 would have been nice, but I have a feeling the latter would probably expect a higher slot than they're capable of pulling of these days.

Anyone else think there might be a band added under Rise Against? There seems to be a gap.

Good thing there's Blur at Glasto to keep me happy, eh? :rolleyes:

I'm still going to Leeds, mainly because I want to see Ian Brown, KOL, The Prodigy and EODM but I think this has to be the worst Leeds line-up there has ever been. I mean, 2007's was abysmal but at least there was the prospect of seeing the Pumpkins and (not restrospectively, of course!) RHCP. Last year I ended every night with a great performance from Metallica, RATM and the Manics, three bands any festival is lucky to have. A lot of people are saying Radiohead are a coup for FR and while I can imagine them being a decent live band, they kinda bore the arse off me and their music doesn't have that raw and energetic passion that the Pumpkins, Metallica, RATM and the Manics have in their music. Not saying Radiohead aren't passionate, just that their songs lack that certain "oomph!" that the other bands do.

thats the worst radio one stage since i've been going, wont be going now, theres plenty i want to see on the mainstage but it was needing bands the calibre of dinosaur jr to be announced for some of my friends to consider going. Oh well I'm still off to open'er and optimus anyway

A few decent bands there. The Horrors and Dananananaykroyd are probably better then most bands already playing. Dinosaur Pile-up have shown some promise and Passion Pit are well worth checking out. Patrick wolf is decent tho may have lost it a bit recently, will have to see what new stuff is like. Not enough to convince me to go but could have been worse.