New Announcement (26/05)

Guest gregory

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, I try to be the positive voice because at the end of the day a lot of people are thrilled with the line up but people are more likely to post if their upset or angry about things rather than just pleased.

Lol, could be said of any band and the fact that they have become the biggest selling digital act of all time since 2007 means nothing?

In your opinion - however the fcat they had the biggest selling debut ever shows other people disagree. The fact that they are headlining for the 1st time (after headlining T and Glasto) after 5 years in the public eye and 3 albums (plus 2 eps and a side project) isn't a rush job

considered by others to be the greatest live act in the world.

He aint headlining

She has a great voice though I agree she should be nowhere near the festival.

HUGE coup for the festival as they headlined download last year and have a huge fanbase.

I agree.

I definatley agree.

I disagree.

Very happy about Spinerette, although would have preferred a Distillers reunion! Just hope they don't clash with Eagles of Death Metal.

The others are all very predictable bands that appeal to the 12-17 age bracket or are indie bands that I have never heard of (or both).

Friday now looks like Deftones and then go to the lockup to see if there are any bands I like the sound of. I don't know if I'm getting old but there are more and more bands every year that I either haven't heard of or find excruciatingly annoying

Purely based on the fact that Billy Talent and Anti Flag are on the same line, but Rise Against are on their own. Also I've got a feeling Friday starts later than the other days and there will be one more band on the Saturday. Though I may have that confused with Download.
Edited by Vacant0

to be fair, my taste in music has changed a lot over the past year. so maybe R/L isn't really for me , anymore. but on the other hand, if you gave me last years line up again (no jokes please) i would be there with bells on.

theres just no exciting booking this year. no tenacious d, RATM, slipknot, QOTSA, etc.

its not a bad line up, per se. but its just that its full of lazy bookings and bands i could easily get tickets to see elsewhere. with the exception of radiohead, but thats debatable and only one band.

it looks like they have just opened the NME and thrown money at all the artists inside. you must see what i mean to an extent.

plus, i realised when i went to latitude that festivals don't to be rammed with posh little indie kids in designer wellies.

basically, somehow in the past year, reading turned from everything i love into everything i hate. and i want to love it. they have gone seriously wrong somewhere.

i'm happy about the following: Alexisonfire, Fightstar, Manchester Orchestra, In Case Of Fire and there are quite a few bands in that announcement that i've been meaning to check out.

surprised at the lack of variety in this announcement though. i expected more heavy/punk/RAWK bands. i don't really mind personally because i like a fair amount of bands on the lineup, but i can see where other people are coming from.

I have an announcement to make, WHAT A SHIT ANNOUNCEMENT!

(not mine, theirs, well mine maybe, it can be argued, but still, what a load of shit, it jsut keeps getting worse, why should i be paying more this year? its not even half as good as last year)

As for this announcement - is it just me who thinks that a lot of those on NME, you would have expected to be playing the FR stage? Or are those bands a lot bigger than I thought they were?

why are people moaning about the announcement! ano its not the greatest thing in the world but its a few more variety that people will go an see. but come on, there was never goin to be anyone huge in the remaining slots was there!