Unofficial line up

Guest Funkungfusion

They are the bands that are confirmed by the artists themselves (whether in an interview, myspace, etc.) as opposed to rumours, strong rumours, etc. You will also see some of the stages and even times have been confirmed.

I use efests as my glasto source as it has forums and helpful news, but ###### only lists confirmed groups.

I'm also a bit annoyed that the moderator here came straight on and slagged off another person's website who posts actual and reliable information about the line up because all efests can offer is hearsay...

:D:(:D

There's a LOT of stuff in that list he's taken from myspace - no different to much of what efestivals has. But the HUGE difference is that he's not properly read what's available to be read on those myspace pages, unlike eFestivals. These are where the many errors come from, and why I'm able to spot them so easily.

Further, eFests goes back on those public sources every now and then. Many of the claims of playing Glasto that were on myspace have disappeared since they first appeared (with some replaced by gigs elsewhere, so very definitely not playing Glasto).

As for the stuff you're calling "hearsay", this comes from our private sources - which can often be a lot more reliable than public sources. For example, when The Scum or whatever was reporting Depeche Mode playing, I told you straight away that it was bollox when much of the world was reporting it as fact. Was I wrong?

It sometimes happens that we get some stuff wrong from those private sources - Fleetwood Mac being a recent example. But when a member of that band personally told that source (who has been giving me very accurate stuff for years, proven right time and time again) then it's hardly my fault for believing what that band member had said.

Check that list against the announcement next week - I could tell you now which won't be announced. But I'll let you discover for yourself. :)

:(:D:)

There's a LOT of stuff in that list he's taken from myspace - no different to much of what efestivals has. But the HUGE difference is that he's not properly read what's available to be read on those myspace pages, unlike eFestivals. These are where the many errors come from, and why I'm able to spot them so easily.

Further, eFests goes back on those public sources every now and then. Many of the claims of playing Glasto that were on myspace have disappeared since they first appeared (with some replaced by gigs elsewhere, so very definitely not playing Glasto).

As for the stuff you're calling "hearsay", this comes from our private sources - which can often be a lot more reliable than public sources. For example, when The Scum or whatever was reporting Depeche Mode playing, I told you straight away that it was bollox when much of the world was reporting it as fact. Was I wrong?

It sometimes happens that we get some stuff wrong from those private sources - Fleetwood Mac being a recent example. But when a member of that band personally told that source (who has been giving me very accurate stuff for years, proven right time and time again) then it's hardly my fault for believing what that band member had said.

Check that list against the announcement next week - I could tell you now which won't be announced. But I'll let you discover for yourself. :D

Sorry mate. I genuinely didn't realise that that much effort was put into your list. As you mentioned yourself, I had seen things come and go so just assumed that it was all a general, educated guess. My tail is well between my legs.

As for ######, whenever there is an act confirmed on their twitter updates, there is always a link to the source of that confirmation, which is why I had considered theirs more official.

Regardless, I will continue looking at both sources until 10pm Monday for updates. After that point, I will continue to be on these forums to post about my excitement about the lineup!

Again, accept my apology - and if I can get to the efest meet up at Glasto, I'll be the first in line to buy you a cider!

Rick

no worries ... and thanks for the apology.

I wasn't particularly having a pop at GlastWatch (tho there's reasons to, but that's a different subject, and funny with it), I was simply pointing out that not all Glasto lists are the same - they're only as good as the effort that's gone into them. And the effort that's gone into that list is a long way from as good as it might be.

And I don't even think the effort is ######'s either, tho I could be wrong about that. There's a list with identical entries elsewhere, tho without the brackets around the day/stage info.

Edited by eFestivals

I'm just hoping We Were Promised Jetpacks play, never heard of them or seen them before, but they were one of the first rumours on here and with such a brilliant name, me and other half both decided we had to see them on that strength alone!

I'm just hoping We Were Promised Jetpacks play, never heard of them or seen them before, but they were one of the first rumours on here and with such a brilliant name, me and other half both decided we had to see them on that strength alone!