How likely?

Guest mike46

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont quite get them myself.......I dont dislike them but I dont think they are at the top of the tree. I can understand if people say they influenced the indie guitar movement at the right time and place but to say they are so good that they would encourage a tinkling in the pant area is beyond me.

That being said every body to their own....if they were to play I would probably go and see them to make sure i wasnt missing anything......wearing wellies and carrying a large supply of tena ladies pads ( never one to miss a sales opportunity)

If Pete clashes with Kasabian... I'm f**ked.

Jayhpool you need to seriously f**k off mate, you f**king idiot.

I'm not quite sure whether I can see it happening or not, their "reunions" seem to be getting quite frequent as apposed to once in a lifetime, but I'd imagine Glastonbury is the place for it.

They should never be Pyramid headliners, if you've seen DPT or even Babyshambles on an outdoor stage, you'll know the songs dont go over even half as well as in a tent, so imagine the Libs up there. Just can't see it being as good somehow.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents to this. First of all, the Libertines were a fantastic band. In the same way as the Clash, The Smiths etc, there will be generations of people who weren't around when the Libertines hit the scene but love them just as much. Their debut album is a timeless landmark. Probably the best album of the decade. I've seen more or less every band I love (apart from the obviously impossible - The Clash, The Beatles etc.) and the Libertines are easily one of the best. Probably them, Radiohead and Art Brut.

For ages now I've said that they should leave things as they were and not get back together but based on the Youtube video below, I've had a change of heart. They sound as amazing as ever in this video. Here's hoping something will happen but I won't be disappointed with a Doherty solo set.

i don't know what i'll do if pete clashes with kasabian.

cos if i missed a libs reunion i'd be completely devastated!

but then if i went to see pete and it didn't happen i'd be gutted i'd missed the one band i was excited about seeing. hmm..

think they'd be better in a tent though, so maybe a secret set in john peel or late n live or something :/

i'll have to keep my eyes peeled on here looking for hints on the tues before the fest!

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents to this. First of all, the Libertines were a fantastic band. In the same way as the Clash, The Smiths etc, there will be generations of people who weren't around when the Libertines hit the scene but love them just as much. Their debut album is a timeless landmark. Probably the best album of the decade. I've seen more or less every band I love (apart from the obviously impossible - The Clash, The Beatles etc.) and the Libertines are easily one of the best. Probably them, Radiohead and Art Brut.

For ages now I've said that they should leave things as they were and not get back together but based on the Youtube video below, I've had a change of heart. They sound as amazing as ever in this video. Here's hoping something will happen but I won't be disappointed with a Doherty solo set.

">

I think if they do, they'll be surprise guests on Peter's set. The last 3 gigs..(hackney empire, Prince of wales pub and rhythm Factory) were all meant for peter's solo.

So depends on where he'll play? looks like the Park stage...but what are the chances of John Peel or Other Stage?