Jarvis Cocker To Headline JP

Guest Rainy day woman

No, Wiggum I broke the rules and must be punished.

It's lunchtime I was browsing, found a story on digitalspy and then posted it quickly as I don't have a particulalry long lunch break. I enter the site through the forums page and so didn't see the new story. A couple of people in here are a bit quick to jump in and some people aren't as funny as they evidently think they are.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People, people calm down. The website is fine as it is, very good in my view. She hasn't molested any kids or anything, she posted a thread on an open discussion forum! Slight error but nothing serious lol what ever happened to the Glasto spirit? :D

People, people calm down. The website is fine as it is, very good in my view. She hasn't molested any kids or anything, she posted a thread on an open discussion forum! Slight error but nothing serious lol what ever happened to the Glasto spirit? :D

Thanks for this rainyday...i also would have missed it if it wasnt for your post!

Sheesh..I thought we were supposed to be a friendly lot on here...sometimes the mods can be the worst offenders!

No, Wiggum I broke the rules and must be punished.

It's lunchtime I was browsing, found a story on digitalspy and then posted it quickly as I don't have a particulalry long lunch break. I enter the site through the forums page and so didn't see the new story. A couple of people in here are a bit quick to jump in and some people aren't as funny as they evidently think they are.

Edited by William of Walworth

No just a slight blip - these things happen sometimes :D

Has been pretty harmonious recently around this Forum generally - thank goodness ! :D

I don't see the overall mood changing at the moment. (Fingers crossed)

Lmao I mustn't use my eyes, I check the line up every few days to see if there has been any more updates .. without realising that under the 'Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts '09' there is a bit that says "last updated : Thu 14th May 09" .. Now I feel like a right twonk lol :D

Lmao I mustn't use my eyes, I check the line up every few days to see if there has been any more updates .. without realising that under the 'Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts '09' there is a bit that says "last updated : Thu 14th May 09" .. Now I feel like a right twonk lol :D

actually, that date is the updated date for the main Glasto listing page - updates get added to the line-ups without that date changing.

Perhaps it would be better to have a thread locked down on top of the forum called "CONFIRMED ACTS 2009", we would be able to look at that straight away to findout!.

At the moment the "Line-ups and rumours" link is not up to date, so without people posting what they see, we wouldn't have a clue what is going on!

And as far as I can see the orginal message to this thread was about JC confirming and the moody mod's was just about a rumour that JC was playing...!!

See here:

NME Confirmation

Don't shoot me...

At the moment the "Line-ups and rumours" link is not up to date, so without people posting what they see, we wouldn't have a clue what is going on!

the lineup and rumours link *IS* up to date. :lol:

And as far as I can see the orginal message to this thread was about JC confirming and the moody mod's was just about a rumour that JC was playing...!

;)

The only person that Jarvis Cocker has confirmed his appearance to is an eFests staff member. There is no other source for his confirmation.

See here

NME Confirmation

Don't shoot me... what nme have ripped off from eFestivals.

corrected for you. :P

Yes JC may have confirmed his appearance first to an efests staff member but that doesn't mean that efests own that information, I think you may be getting a bit precious. Things get out and then they are all over the web. Some people may have seen it somewhere else first, big deal.

Yes JC may have confirmed his appearance first to an efests staff member but that doesn't mean that efests own that information, I think you may be getting a bit precious. Things get out and then they are all over the web. Some people may have seen it somewhere else first, big deal.

I'm not saying that efests have exclusive right to be the only publisher of that info, but those re-using that info should have the integrity to credit its source (which digital spy have done, but none others have that I've seen).

A part of what's pissing me off is the way that particularly NME have written up that info, as tho there's a public confirmation from Jarvis himself somewhere - there isn't.

While you and others might have seen it elsewhere, had you opened your eyes when arriving here you'd have seen it here too. And if it's of big enough interest to you to post about, surely you'd be interested enough to read what's here on the same subject - particularly when titled "exclusive". :lol: .... you couldn't even read the digital spy article, yet posted about it. That's f**king weird if you ask me. ;)

Edited by eFestivals

I'm not saying that efests have exclusive right to be the only publisher of that info, but those re-using that info should have the integrity to credit its source (which digital spy have done, but none others have that I've seen).

A part of what's pissing me off is the way that particularly NME have written up that info, as tho there's a public confirmation from Jarvis himself somewhere - there isn't.

While you and others might have seen it elsewhere, had you opened your eyes when arriving here you'd have seen it here too. And if it's of big enough interest to you to post about, surely you'd be interested enough to read what's here on the same subject - particularly when titled "exclusive". :lol: .... you couldn't even read the digital spy article, yet posted about it. That's f**king weird if you ask me. :P