Fanning the flames....

Guest ionicmoose

...of the very unlikely Offspring rumour <_<

Seeing Jamie T's latest tour dates - http://seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e|arti...mp;orderby=date

...I'd say it'd be pushing it for him to even play second, especially if he's going to be followed by (most likely) Faith No More.

Soooooo, conclusion is that due to him playing small venues/lower festival slots compared to the likes of Lostprophets and Faith No More, maybe we could see Offspring playing in between Jamie T and FNM???

Other 'evidence' could come from Rock en Seine where FNM are headlining Saturday with Offspring below them.

Clutching at straws? Yes. Likely? No. Potential to be amazing? Damn right!!!

I'd normally never consider Offspring for the NME headliner, nevermind second, but this year isn't exactly following normal trends with LP and FNM so you enver know...

Sorry to say it but your in a dream land <_< . For a start The Offspring and Jamie T are completely different in style, whereas he does share more simularities with FNM.

It's always silly to compare different NME headliners because they're always different in size and success. I mean The Offspring are way to big to play second on the NME stage, even below faith no more. Remember The Gossip are headlining the Friday, and bar one big hit they are even smaller than Jamie T (abeit they're backed by a massive label).

Whilst I dont think its imposible another act will squeeze in above JT (Though I still think its more likely there wont) I am positive it wont be offspring.

More so than you'd think - The Monkeys grew up loving Prodigy and they have been playing with them in Austrailia, plus they share a simular fanbase despite being different style bands (although I dont think there is an audience the prod don't apeal to). The drum and bass aspects of the monkeys are actualy quite dance inspired. Alas I can't see Jamie T being a huge fan of The Offspring.

Also I think Ian Brown is playing on earlier in the day on the Main Stage rather than at the same time over on NME is because they have cited him as their musical hero. Which is fair enough, as I'd rather my band not headline than clash with someone as godly as him.

This is abit off-topic but regarding the comments about gossip headlining NME stage, and comparing to upcoming shows of Jamie T, I think it would be wise to look at Gossip's upcoming shows -

http://seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e|arti...mp;orderby=date

Just picking out the one I know, Club Academy in Manchester. It is smaller than the FR tent.

Does it not seem completely ridiculous?

The only reason the gossip are headlining is cause glasvegas dont have enough material to headline and most likely didnt want to headline. I saw em in Preston in december - they played for 45 mins! Its a stupid descision by FR that tent will be empty when the gossip go on. If they can't even sell out manchester club academy they've got no chance!

The only reason the gossip are headlining is cause glasvegas dont have enough material to headline and most likely didnt want to headline. I saw em in Preston in december - they played for 45 mins! Its a stupid descision by FR that tent will be empty when the gossip go on. If they can't even sell out manchester club academy they've got no chance!

A lot of people have been moaning about the gossip headlining but wouldnt it be fair to say a lot of these people wouldnt have complained if brand new were headlining the tent even though the gossip are cerianlty of equal (probably more) popular than brand new. I agree with the previous comment i suspect the record labels are confident of big airplay with future gossip material which pretty much guarantess success unless your the bravery.

Gossip are playing manchester academy 2, not club academy it seems.

Brand New however are playing academy 1, and it's sold out, along with birmingham academy and the forum in london.

I might just be saying this cause i like brand new, but they're bigger than gossip and their one song that they have.

Gossip are playing manchester academy 2, not club academy it seems.

Brand New however are playing academy 1, and it's sold out, along with birmingham academy and the forum in london.

I might just be saying this cause i like brand new, but they're bigger than gossip and their one song that they have.

If the offspring don't play i'll seriously eat my hat.. look at their tour dates..

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObject...ing.woa/wa/tour

Their in Germany on the 22/8 then a massive gap till the 29/8 when their in Paris. I think 3rd headliner on the main stage or possibly NME headliners.

Edit: Actully looking at my calander.. it might be tight!

Edited by Keva