Cider

Guest DAVA

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there' still a separation with the Irish Bulmers i guess, but i doubt (mass) production methods vary greatly, and it's all being refined towards the same end and market.

Been making my own cider for about 5 years now, perfectly doable with a kitchen setup at first, if a bit of an arse, as long as you can get the apples. Most cider orchards can spare a few bags these days, though we've got access to 3 acres. :P

The UK Cider wiki's good for those who want to find out more without buying books - http://www.ukcider.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

French brut cider can be heavenly, they often keeve it as part of the process though, which never really caught on over here.

ETA: Me and the mrs have a mutually agreed ban on drinking Black Rat, fighting juice, it really is!

Edited by G1T

Right my opinion..

DO NOT DRINK

Magners

Bulmers

Gaymers

Woodpecker

Strongbow

or anything else that really doesn't actually taste like cider...

DRINK

Anything by Brothers

Anything by Thatchers

Anything by Aspalls

Anything by Westons

Anything by Dunkertons - hmmm most tasty.

I quite like Koppaberg and St. Helier however these are more mainstream.

My Fave of Faves is Old Rosie (Westons) which is like bloody rocket fuel but is lurvely!

Ruby Tuesday (Saxon) is just the most bizarre tasting cider ever.

Addlestones is one of my faves and moonshine is enough to knock you out!

But, try everything once and find out what suits you. I could go on forever! :D

lol I've been drinking for many years m8, I've drunk lots of cider in my time but my experience with cider is limited (as I've only tended to stick to a couple of brands).

I will most definitely be experimenting with the cider @ Glasto lol :D

Mainly the cloudy stuff and Brothers like last year, my reason for this post is because I am one of the most fussiest buggers anyone will meet and I tend not to like the dry, still stuff.

So what should I avoid etc? :)

Also, one word of warning, The BurrowHill Cider from The Cider Bus, as nice and strong as it might be, cos it is proper 'pressed cider' is more likely to give you a bout of the shits than any of the other Glasto Ciders.