Kasabian

Guest ThomThomDrum

So Im not too sure about this Kasabian thing :wub: ..........We have seen it mentioned all over the forum for the past couple of days, but they are yet to be even listed as a rumour on Efestivals..........let alone a strong one at that, which one would think they are reading some of the recent threads..............

Usually Neil is quick to say "No not going to happen" in his opinion based on some info he has got, or else he would get it up on the rumour list..........As far as I can see neither has happened and as such I dont think its looking good for them playing............especially after the negative spew they spoke of the festival not so long ago.........

What do peeps think??

Edited by ThomThomDrum

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil said that the slot below Bruce hadn't been booked yet so it could be that they haven't been approached yet.

And in fairness to efest's rumour list - it's as wide as it can be, but it's only on info that is available. There are hundreds of acts at Glastonbury and many aren't on there yet because the info hasn't gotten out (or of course more potently, Neil hasn't been able to get his hands on it, since he's always ahead of the curve. It's amazing how easy it is to impress your mates with line up knowledge if you read this site a couple of times a week!)

Edited by robith

And as Wooderson said 4 times in 5 years is a lot.........so will they even be asked.............. I personnally dont mind if they do play but would much prefer someone different...........The Prodigy would be a great add, now that Liam is making good music again...........Or to get someone like Portishead would be out of this world IMO............Kasabian would be........."Oh, OK then!"

There always comes a time in a bands career where they find out whether they're a daylight band or a dusk/nightime band. Kasabian I think have reached this time and a slot before Bruce could be the making of them, (The Enemy should also take note). I only hope they have more than 5 strong tracks on their new album.

There always comes a time in a bands career where they find out whether they're a daylight band or a dusk/nightime band. Kasabian I think have reached this time and a slot before Bruce could be the making of them, (The Enemy should also take note). I only hope they have more than 5 strong tracks on their new album.

Well IMO if thats the case they can go jump...........if they do have new material coming out soon then playing Glastonbury would be a massive boost to their sales, surely they know this and are not arrogant enough to ask for more from an organisation that trys its best to help good causes more so then the bank balance of certain acts(Although what they do pay would not be sniffed at by us lesser folk!)...........If they are asked they should simply say yes and be chuffed they were thought of again.............If they start thinking they are bigger then Glasto then I hope they churn out a crap album (again) and duely vanish thereafter........Glasto is one of the big reasons they got to where they are today.........I reckon their set in 2005 acted as a catapult!...

And as Wooderson said 4 times in 5 years is a lot.........so will they even be asked.............. I personnally dont mind if they do play but would much prefer someone different...........The Prodigy would be a great add, now that Liam is making good music again...........Or to get someone like Portishead would be out of this world IMO............Kasabian would be........."Oh, OK then!"

i dunno really, i love msot forms of music but for some reason i've never really listened to them i may well love them but i don't know yet. i just don't think they are my sort of thing, obviously this is a big prejudice on my part. maybe its something i should remedy???

aww mate do you not know that song

....BOOOOOOOSH awhuawahhahaha sayliyuwayeah BOOSH awahuahauahaha saywameaniyeh....

its quite good

Really cant believe you have not listened to them yet!!

Especially ".BOOOOOOOSH awhuawahhahaha sayliyuwayeah BOOSH awahuahauahaha saywameaniyeh...."

So Im not too sure about this Kasabian thing :) ..........We have seen it mentioned all over the forum for the past couple of days, but they are yet to be even listed as a rumour on Efestivals..........let alone a strong one at that, which one would think they are reading some of the recent threads..............

Usually Neil is quick to say "No not going to happen" in his opinion based on some info he has got, or else he would get it up on the rumour list..........As far as I can see neither has happened and as such I dont think its looking good for them playing............especially after the negative spew they spoke of the festival not so long ago.........

What do peeps think??

just found a song of theres on my ipod empire. its quite nice i think. i don't think i've ever heard before and i am not too sure how it got on my ipod. :)

So Im not too sure about this Kasabian thing :) ..........We have seen it mentioned all over the forum for the past couple of days, but they are yet to be even listed as a rumour on Efestivals..........let alone a strong one at that, which one would think they are reading some of the recent threads..............

What do peeps think??

I'm in two minds.

On the one hand, they've stated very clearly that they're not playing any UK fests this year other than Great Escape.

On the other hand, Great Escape is run by the guy who books the Other and JP stages (and till this year booked the Pyramid too, tho that's now done by Emily and her fella), and many of the bands that play there seem to end up on the bill at Glasto too.

So I don't know. Does anyone have any real info, or is it just the case that people are hoping?