* Gay Meet 2009! *

Guest Chocscoffer

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, my sons friend is coming with us for the first time. He's 18 and has just come out. Just wondering if the gay meet would be ok for him to join or is it just for people on the forums or older people etc. Probably a stupid question but don't want to suggest it to him and freak him out!

Thanks

Never any pressure...bring him along to the Cider Bus on Thurs to meet and greet us all...it appears very daunting because of the busyness but the Gay Meet will be breaking off into far more manageable bitesize chunks and by then we should have very good ideas about the actual movements, plans and people who will be heading out looking for the best place for a knees up in town.

I'd say def pop along to the initial meet at the cider bus. Although a little older than your sons friend (well quite a bit older - 30) I'm also recently out and a bit nervous about things.

Everyone on here seems really friendly though and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully making a few friends.

I've read a few posts criticising a "gay meet" but I personally find it really nice to meet people who have been through similar experiences and who you know won't judge you.

Really hope I'm not sounding too soppy - have to admit to have having a few drinks tonight!

Also hope to see you and the rest of your group in two weeks time!!

Okay are we all happy to dress up a bit as a group?

I know Ivan, Staberinde and a few others are well up for it. I have bought furry cowboy hat and flashing led badges and will get feather boa to accompany it.

I know there will be some false moustaches appearing too (thank you ktej :) )

Any other (preferably cheap) suggestions attire wise ?

Anyway I reckon it we should make at least some small effort to get into the spirit of this especially when when get down later to NYC Downlow etc.

As the singles are coming along too on the Thursday Cider Bus meet I hope you all get into the spirit of this event and don't just hang around the edges of the Meet being shy.

We are going to have a great night - get involved !!!! :D:D:D

There will be some good fun photo opportunities I reckon :D

Hello fellow gays!!

Please excuse me for being lazy today...is the plan to meet at the cider bus on the Thurs eve?

I'd say def pop along to the initial meet at the cider bus. Although a little older than your sons friend (well quite a bit older - 30) I'm also recently out and a bit nervous about things.

Everyone on here seems really friendly though and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully making a few friends.

I've read a few posts criticising a "gay meet" but I personally find it really nice to meet people who have been through similar experiences and who you know won't judge you.

Really hope I'm not sounding too soppy - have to admit to have having a few drinks tonight!

Also hope to see you and the rest of your group in two weeks time!!

well there's sod all going on thursday night on site the rest of the time id'be inclined to agree with you but the cinema does get busy once the stages finish at night and thats when the best films are on anyway so you don't really miss anything appart from sleep.