BLINK 182

Guest thomasowen

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice they played their first show yesterday (BTW What a top heavy set list don't you think?)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blink-182/20...a-13d62171.html

They also are definatley playing a show during reading and Leeds so there is no way they can play now although they have said they are hpefully playing european festivals in 2010 as well as Big Day Out.

I notice they played their first show yesterday (BTW What a top heavy set list don't you think?)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blink-182/20...a-13d62171.html

They also are definatley playing a show during reading and Leeds so there is no way they can play now although they have said they are hpefully playing european festivals in 2010 as well as Big Day Out.

I think whether blink 182 headline will depend on success of the new material. I dont think they were big enough to headline when they split and a reunion doesnt automatically push a band up the bill. I would personally think it unlikely to have green day and blink 182 both headline and think if both were on the bill it would be blink as second headliners.

Blink 182 have tour dates out for this summer and that includes everyday of reading and leeds

Aug. 27: Saratoga, N.Y. (Saratoga Performing Arts Center)

Aug. 28: Camden, Pa. (Susquehanna Bank Center)

Aug. 29: Hartford, Conn. (New England Dodge Music Center)

Aug. 30: Washington, D.C. (TBD)

Aug. 31: Wantagh, N.Y. (Nikon Theater at Jones Beach)

Sept. 2: Cleveland (Blossom Music Center)

Are you guys serious about Blink 182 headlining?.

Your musical tastes are f**ked. :P

If yoy are too old to have had blink soundtrack your teenage years, then fairenough.

But otherwise, you should be able to appreciate the humour and disregard they had for pop-punk stereotypes. Blink are brilliant fun & a great summer band. Not only that but very good musicians, travis is one of the best mainstream pop drummers to have come about in the past 10 years.

If yoy are too old to have had blink soundtrack your teenage years, then fairenough.

But otherwise, you should be able to appreciate the humour and disregard they had for pop-punk stereotypes. Blink are brilliant fun & a great summer band. Not only that but very good musicians, travis is one of the best mainstream pop drummers to have come about in the past 10 years.

Well I bet we'll definetly get at least one of Blur, Green Day and Blink 182. And yeah, I reckon Muse will do Glasto or Download or possibly both if those two fests are allowed to share headliners.

Are you guys serious about Blink 182 headlining?.

Your musical tastes are f**ked. :blink:

Well I bet we'll definetly get at least one of Blur, Green Day and Blink 182. And yeah, I reckon Muse will do Glasto or Download or possibly both if those two fests are allowed to share headliners.

Their comeback has received much hype, their headline slot will be due to much public demand and therefore will be a massive draw. Same thing with RATM last year.

I think it may have recieved a lot of hype in the usa but in britain I havent really sensed the hype you are talking about and its certainly not on the scale of ratm. Also they have only split up for 3 or 4 years so its not like they have really been away. Lets face it some bands take that long in between writing albums without oficially splitting up. It could appear to some that they split realsied nobody really cared about their new bands and werent making as much money and decided to get back together. Its hardly the punk ethos.

When I think about blinks 182 popularity I would rank it closer to kaiser chiefs, prodigy and bloc party than radiohead, arctic monkeys and kings of leon. Thinking at previous headliners im struggling to think of many bands less popualr than blink who have headlined, pixies, pearl jam, rage possibly and as I have said i dont think the blink hype is close to matchingthe rage hype. I think they need a big album to catapult them to headline and I cant see them getting it. No doubt they have aenough of a fanbase to sell out big arenas on a reunion tour but i honestly dont think the average reading/leeds goer is as excited about the reunion as you think. Also as I said before I think blink and green day are too similar to headline and green day are by far the bigger draw of the 2 bands.

I think it may have recieved a lot of hype in the usa but in britain I havent really sensed the hype you are talking about and its certainly not on the scale of ratm. Also they have only split up for 3 or 4 years so its not like they have really been away. Lets face it some bands take that long in between writing albums without oficially splitting up. It could appear to some that they split realsied nobody really cared about their new bands and werent making as much money and decided to get back together. Its hardly the punk ethos.

When I think about blinks 182 popularity I would rank it closer to kaiser chiefs, prodigy and bloc party than radiohead, arctic monkeys and kings of leon. Thinking at previous headliners im struggling to think of many bands less popualr than blink who have headlined, pixies, pearl jam, rage possibly and as I have said i dont think the blink hype is close to matchingthe rage hype. I think they need a big album to catapult them to headline and I cant see them getting it. No doubt they have aenough of a fanbase to sell out big arenas on a reunion tour but i honestly dont think the average reading/leeds goer is as excited about the reunion as you think. Also as I said before I think blink and green day are too similar to headline and green day are by far the bigger draw of the 2 bands.

Edited by thomasowen