Choose a deserving band or Artist

Guest ashcoates

If you could choose one band or artist to have a spot at this years Glastonbury who would it be?

I'm mainly aiming for smaller, unknown artists who you think deserve a shot!

I'd have to go with Carina Round, 3 albums to her name all different and really good, she's just not had the recognition she deserves and it's criminal :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/carinaround

lets hear your thoughts on any others!

i'll put my hand up for Will & The People

debut single out in may, album out in june.

i caught em at HRC last year and the boy can certainly write a catchy ska based pop tune-ette!!

bound to one of the break through popular beat combo's of the year

http://www.myspace.com/willandthepeople

Can't think of any smaller or unknown artists I really care about seeing at Glasto, usually see them in small intimate venues, so will go with a larger act I have yet to se & they are Sigur Ros, Other Stage on Saturday at sunset.

Can't think of any smaller or unknown artists I really care about seeing at Glasto, usually see them in small intimate venues, so will go with a larger act I have yet to se & they are Sigur Ros, Other Stage on Saturday at sunset.

I reeeallllly want Tim Minchin to play the Cabaret stage!

If you don't know who he is then ..........

Unfortunately I've been assured it's very unlikely he'll be playing as despite a gap in his schedule he's going to be spending time with his wife and daughter (GRUMP)

I'd also like to see Frank Turner and Chris T-T play anywhere! Which is likely as they both adore Springsteen! (Chris T-T said on his twitter that he HAS to play since Bruce is going to there and that his fee, stage time etc is irrelevant!)

Ryan Adams

The man imo is an absolute genius and he still owes us a slot after he pulled out of headling the JPS in 2005!!

Get him with the cardinals and we have bliss :P

I would like to see Leon Rosselson. You may not have heard of him, but you will have certainly heard some of his songs! He wrote, for instance, "The World Turned Upside Down" the song about the Diggers recorded by Billy Bragg, Chumbawamba and many others; Rosselson's own version wipes the floor with all of them! I think he would be a revelation to a lot of people. He would have been best suited to the Left Field, but I suppose the Avalon or something would suit him best.

Edited by stevedevine

Ginger (Wildheart) in the acoustic tent. He's done some amazing solo (well, with one or two mates as well) acoustic shows over the past few years and would imo play a blinder at Glasto, a great mix of sing-a-long shouty stuff that works just as well acoustically as it does ear-bleedingly loud & electric. Shame he's said the acoustic stuff is over now. :P

Actually, has to be said I'd love to see the Wildhearts themselves at Glasto, JP or Other stage maybe. Throw the Cardiacs on before them too.

For me it would have to be the always wonderfully insane monotonix, in somewhere like the park, although I very much doubt they would stay in that area for very long. Due to there fairly common tactic of moving the drumkit outside of most venues they play in. I think it would give alot of the bands playing a good kick up the arse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotonix

If you could choose one band or artist to have a spot at this years Glastonbury who would it be?

I'm mainly aiming for smaller, unknown artists who you think deserve a shot!

I'd have to go with Carina Round, 3 albums to her name all different and really good, she's just not had the recognition she deserves and it's criminal :lol:

http://www.myspace.com/carinaround

lets hear your thoughts on any others!