Quechua 2 seconds

Guest Funkfarley

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should I get a Quechua 2 seconds tent?

• Yeah, for sure!
    • No! Don't do it!
    • I dont know, haven't got a clue.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, No, and Yes.

The only notes of caution I can think of are:

- They tend to be marginally shorter than equivalent Dome tents. It's only a slight difference and doesn't bother me in the least, but I know it annoys some people.

- Most of the models don't have any real porch/storage space. This definitely would annoy me, which is why I have and recommend the "XL" variant. Others may not consider it so important.

- The packed up shape can potentially be a bit akward to carry, so try and see your model up close before buying - which you'll probably do anyway, as they don't sell mail order.

It's one of the best things to ever happen to me!

It is shorter height wise, but the more square shape gives you a bit more room.

No real porch, but plenty of space for wellies .

Seriously do it, getting there and having a great tent up in seconds is brilliant. Waking up on Monday morning and having it back down in the same time is a godsend

I used a pop up one last year, for convenience they're awesome, but I found it a little cramped for 5 days and it was really hot cause it was only 1 sheet thick. Easiest thing in the world to put up and almost as easy to get down again. Literally takes 5 seconds to get it down and back in the bag.

I used a pop up one last year, for convenience they're awesome, but I found it a little cramped for 5 days and it was really hot cause it was only 1 sheet thick. Easiest thing in the world to put up and almost as easy to get down again. Literally takes 5 seconds to get it down and back in the bag.

My sister keeps raving about decathalon, she is wanting a quechua tent too but probably the 4 man. She loves it, she keeps telling me that they do every sport and I pissed on her parade when I told her that was probably why it was called Decathalon. :D

We will have to go to the Stockport branch from Liverpool but hey, fun day out sitting in tents! Get us in the mood! :(

Essentially, that's likely to be because a lot of people are extremely stupid and don't realise that there's a difference between the various models and brands of pop-up tents.

All of the Quechua range is double skinned, so any complaints about the crappy single skinned Gelert models are pretty much pointless.

I said no; admittedly didn't know it was double skinned

but without a porch i stick with no (though i see you can get one with a porch)

find them too small really, no head room and im not exactly tall

personally just wouldn't but i've bad experiences in pop-ups in general

the smug feeling of having your tent up first is great though :( that is all imo

I bought the 2 man XL one last year and with two people in it for 5 days it was unbearable. Far too crampt and no storage, even with the XL the porch is still tiny. I have sold mine now and have bought this one instead, plenty of room and although its not a pop-up its still really easy to put up.

http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/EasyCamp_Licata_400_tent_2008_model__2398 ://http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/sho...08_model__2398 ://http://www.worldofcamping.co.uk/sho...08_model__2398

Edited by po_lish

Quencha are double skinned.

Get the XL with a porch. With the others, in bad weather you wind up taking off your boots with your feet hanging out teh door, muck from boots gets on the zip, Muck gets woreked into the zip, zip fails. The XL solves this as you can not take boots off inside the tent, but not inside the sleeping area. :)

An XL with teh extra ventelation of the air woudl be near perfect.

Remeber to shout "This IS SPATA!" when yoru carrying the tent! :D

Quencha are double skinned.

Get the XL with a porch. With the others, in bad weather you wind up taking off your boots with your feet hanging out teh door, muck from boots gets on the zip, Muck gets woreked into the zip, zip fails. The XL solves this as you can not take boots off inside the tent, but not inside the sleeping area. :lol:

I love mine. the only drawback is the lack of porchspace but there is room for wellies to be left between the outer and inner skins at the entrance.

The key to not looking a fool at the end of the festie is to practice putting it down at home....over and over and over again!

PROS:

- Pops up fast and you're set up with a cider within minutes.

- Really light (easy to carry).

- Relatively waterproof although terrible for condensation (easily sorted).

CONS:

- Hard to put away if you haven't practised. After a couple of times its really easy though.

- Quite small and I'd only ever advise it for someone planning to camp alone.