politics and issues

Guest daveinafield

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, I never said there shouldn't be a leftfield tent, I'm perfectly aware of Glastonbury's history and I wouldn't dream of trying to tell others what they should do or what they should believe.

Equally, I should be allowed to find the lefty rantings annoying and express an opinion of why I've always avoided the place.

Edited by William of Walworth

I didn't say he did ask for a right-field...some people need to open their eyes a wee bit more in more ways than one....OOH sorry is that a bit too sarcastic for your taste squire?

I actually said that providing two sides to every argument is the best way to go with it, however I asked for examples of how a right-wing political agenda would fit into the causes promoted at Glastonbury, as I am unsure how they would work.

We lie in a world where right-wing political agendas are championed and internalised by the majority of society, where is the problem with concentrating on a few issues which are primarily sympathised with by left-wing political values?

I love how the first thing you and bombfrog have commented upon in each post is to do with my communication of beliefs :ph34r: now there is a killer political comeback technique! I feel like I'm on Question time

I don't align myself with any party. I've voted for different parties at different times depending on which I thought represented a greater number of my views. Listening to these arguments, it sounds as if people believe that one party could ever represent all their views, or be able to implement a certain form of government that they preferred. Unfortunately, we all have to compromise or not vote at all, and I believe that the former is the lesser evil.

I don't align myself with any party. I've voted for different parties at different times depending on which I thought represented a greater number of my views. Listening to these arguments, it sounds as if people believe that one party could ever represent all their views, or be able to implement a certain form of government that they preferred. Unfortunately, we all have to compromise or not vote at all, and I believe that the former is the lesser evil.

I am 24 and do have an interest in politics and do think there are some very sweeping statements being posted on this thread. I also think that as the price for a ticket is now just shy of £200 then can you blame people for wanting to go and see bands and enjoy themselves for a few days.

I mean that the world is in crisis in all sorts of ways (environmental, economical, huge numbers starving, etc.) and this is largely down - I believe - to capitalism. I have no grand plan, I just believe that a tiny percentage of people getting massively powerful and wealthy at the expense of the billions of the planet's population living in poverty is wrong. Capitalism is the system; I believe it needs changing.