STONE ROSES!

Guest jamesbduk

If they did get back together I really can't see them playing V, theres just no room and they would CLEARLY headline, I could see them possibly headline Reading and Leeds

But Ian Brown loves V festival it seems, who knows, who knows... this rumour has been running for god knowsbhow many years anyway and still has never happened, but never say never to bands reuniting, now it'll be the Smiths next

Arf, as if the Stone Roses would reform and play the 3rd Stage at V! there is zero chance of it happening, they could sell out the main stage 3 times over if they wanted. I can't really think of what would be a bigger draw, to assume they'd be on a par with MGMT is laughable

I suspect this 90s band, if it happens at all, will be some old shite like Kula Shaker or Space or some other crap like that, Travis if you're lucky

If it ever happened I suspect Glastonbury would be their first port of call, although their own shows would be a fair more likely scenario

i dont wana sound to blunt! but this will never happen! if i eat my words trash me all ya want.. your trash will bring me happiness cos the roses reforming is like.. well the biggest news ever! ill look around on the internet for some more reliable sources!

has it been on several sites and news that they were doing these gigs ;) I heard it on XFM radio this morning.....

so why state this if not true? I mean granted might not be V but surely the gig bit is true?

Edit - see link below

http://www.thestoneroses.co.uk/

denying rumours ;)

Edited by shoptildrop

I would love them to reform just to show all the Stone Roses "fans" who never got to see them live how wonderfully shit they really were live.

i also feel that if they did re form they would not play the main stage anyway (due to how shit they are live,and admit it themselves), I think they would go head to head with a big showbiz band and stay in the Arena.

If they did reform I think money or no money they would not make it to playing live, it would go tits up before they made it on stage.

And as Ian Brown Said, not in 3 lifetimes would it happen.

Reforming doesn't really offer them much, Mani has made it with Primal Scream so gains very little, Ian Brown has a solo act and doesn't need to reform and Squire's happy painting with no interest in ever repeating that Reading disaster. If they did it like Indie says it would fall flat, that's why unlike Oasis they never went down to London to follow up the big record labels.