Neil Young is not playing?

Guest olive123

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have normally said that IoW would have their headline acts as an exclusive, but with this I'm not so sure. The press release certainly doesn't say 'exclusive', so it seems pretty certain that he's playing at least one other fest.

And it seems pretty certain that IoW have had more difficulty sorting themselves headline acts this year than previously, and so because of that they might well have had to take NY on a different basis to normal.

And because Glasto is already sold out, there's not really going to be any loss of sales by IoW to Glasto .... the only factor here is that people with tickets for Glasto that keep their belief in him playing there won't buy tickets for IoW to see him.

I'm still sure that he's playing Hard Rock Calling, and that'll impact on IoW sales, so why not Glasto too? Keep the faith peeps, I still believe he'll play. :)

I'd have normally said that IoW would have their headline acts as an exclusive, but with this I'm not so sure. The press release certainly doesn't say 'exclusive', so it seems pretty certain that he's playing at least one other fest.

And it seems pretty certain that IoW have had more difficulty sorting themselves headline acts this year than previously, and so because of that they might well have had to take NY on a different basis to normal.

And because Glasto is already sold out, there's not really going to be any loss of sales by IoW to Glasto .... the only factor here is that people with tickets for Glasto that keep their belief in him playing there won't buy tickets for IoW to see him.

I'm still sure that he's playing Hard Rock Calling, and that'll impact on IoW sales, so why not Glasto too? Keep the faith peeps, I still believe he'll play. :)

Edited by jr1312

cheers neil, any input on whether you think he could be playing sunday and not friday, as the poster above stated (regards the banking etc), and whether blur are definitely sunday headliners or whether they could be "the 4th" before bruce, as officially in the public domain, afaik it's only stated they'll be one of the headliners. (and doesn't say whether that's part of the 4). just wondering if you've had a press release or source saying for definite, or whether you've assumed it from the tourdates with blur playing manchester on the friday.

and if Young were to be playing sunday, do you think he'd be the penultimate slot or sunday afternoon legend slot?....I still would've thought eavis would've said 5 headliners if he'd had Young in the penultimate slot.

If this does rule out Neil Young then I am absolutely gutted. When I first heard the rumours of Neil Young headlining glasto I wasn't very impressed. However, after slowly making my way through his huge catalogue of albums this was building up to be one of the most exciting headliners yet for me. To further add insult to injury, check out the reaction on the Isle of Wight boards!

http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/forum/v...?f=3&t=5644

Hope your right though Neil, but if contracts were already signed with Glastonbury why have they not already announced it? Going on what Emily said at the NME awards, Blur were announced as soon as the contracts were signed.

If this does rule out Neil Young then I am absolutely gutted. When I first heard the rumours of Neil Young headlining glasto I wasn't very impressed. However, after slowly making my way through his huge catalogue of albums this was building up to be one of the most exciting headliners yet for me. To further add insult to injury, check out the reaction on the Isle of Wight boards!

http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/forum/v...?f=3&t=5644

Hope your right though Neil, but if contracts were already signed with Glastonbury why have they not already announced it? Going on what Emily said at the NME awards, Blur were announced as soon as the contracts were signed.

How can all those people not know who Neil Young is? They have started a petition in one of the other topics. What kind of music do the people at IOW like then?

As for Neil Young probably not playing, im as devastated that it isnt happening, as they are he is playing.

oh this is absoluely magic!

"i am obviously gutted and am thinking seriously about waiving the £300 i have forked out,cancelling the cottage i have booked for the week prior and going somewhere else where the organisers arent literally gonna laugh in my face!

I feel sympathy for the kids and students who may have scrimped together the money for this debacle and already bought a ticket "

he's booked a cottage!!

:):):)

oh this is absoluely magic!

"i am obviously gutted and am thinking seriously about waiving the £300 i have forked out,cancelling the cottage i have booked for the week prior and going somewhere else where the organisers arent literally gonna laugh in my face!

I feel sympathy for the kids and students who may have scrimped together the money for this debacle and already bought a ticket "

he's booked a cottage!!

:):):)

so does an "exclusive headliner performance" just rule him out of headlining another festival, or playing it outright?

because it's worded in that particular way I think it's pretty clear that he's playing another festival, just not as headliner.

I'd have thought it'd put question marks over Hard Rock Calling unless that's only considered a concert and not a festival.

which might well be the case.

I have it on good authority from Neil Young's Management that he is playing Glastonbury on the Sunday. I work for the bank Neil uses for his European finances. They confirmed he was playing the Sunday (didn't mention if he was headlining) and also playing London on the Saturday (they just said London, didn't mention the HRC festival).