Pink Fraud?

Guest paolo55

You gets what you pays for - Aussie Floyd are extremely good, but you'll pay £20+ to see them anywhere in their own right - I last saw them in the grounds of Dudley Castle and it was excellent. Pink Fraud I've seen twice and, though they feel a little low rent in comparison, still reproduce the Floyd sound with great accuracy, and are perhaps a shade more relaxed about the whole thing.

I'd be happy to sit with a pint of Brothers and let the Fraud sound wash over me :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I've just looked on their website and this is in the news section.

“THE FINAL CUT” FAREWELL TOUR

As the Pink Fraud enters it’s 13th year on the road the band have decided to call it a day.

The four main members of the band would like to thank everyone for their support over the years, with special mention to all the musicians that have ever been part of the band, everyone who ever bought a ticket to see us, and to the families and friends of the band members who have had to patiently live alongside the obsession that has been Pink Fraud.

The band will be playing five final shows over the remainder of the year to say goodbye to venues and fans who have continually supported us. (Full details are on the TOUR DATES page)

THE STANDARD, Walthamstow & CLUB RIGA, Southend are both venues local to the band that have stuck with us through thick & thin for many, many years and it seems fitting that we begin by playing one last show at each of those venues.

THE WHARF in Tavistock is the place where we recorded our live double album & filmed the show, the sound guy is called Rick Wright, & the promotor is Mark Shaw who has been very loyal to us in the South West of England. We will be appearing at The Wharf for the 5th and final time

THE MADDERMARKET THEATRE in Norwich is a great venue that we are returning to for the third and last time after they contacted us at the end of last year. We have always had great shows at this great venue.

And for our final show we return to CARNGLAZE CAVERNS near St Neot, Devon for the 4th time. This is one of the most amazing venues we have ever played at and it seems fitting to go out on a huge high at this fantastic gig. We will be pulling out all the stops to really make this gig one to remember for all time.

We will continue to update the site until the end of the year

See you on the Dark Side of the Moon

Pink Fraud

I watched them on a wet afternoon at Lost Vagueness ballroom in 2007; The highlight was the female backing singer who was spot on. The band had dodgy lookalike wigs etc but were technically sound and went down well. Didn't eclipse the australian pink floyd show who I saw last year though - who were a more professionally produced (audio and visual) outfit. Hats off to both though for keeping the music alive, good entertainment if you catch them..

I actually enjoy good tribute bands as often they are the only chance to experience old classics live when the original bands are either no more or not performing currently. Examples would include Aussie Pink Floyd and The Bootleg Beatles.