The Charlatans headlining Sunday Big Top.

Guest Kris W

The Charlatans have curated the line-up for the Big Top Stage for the Sunday night (June 14) of the Isle Of Wight Festival.

Tim Burgess and co will headline the stage at the bash and, according to a statement from the festival organisers, have had "complete control" over which bands will play before them – although the rest of the line-up is yet to be announced.

In a statement Burgess said, "I have already approached quite a few impressive new bands (some you will know, some you might not). The Isle Of Wight festival is a special festival to me, so all up and coming bands, be on the look out – you could be taking the stage."

Taken from NME.com.

Fantastic news. Only way i wont be watchin these on sunday night is if the Stone Roses headline the main stage that night.

The Charlatans have curated the line-up for the Big Top Stage for the Sunday night (June 14) of the Isle Of Wight Festival.

Tim Burgess and co will headline the stage at the bash and, according to a statement from the festival organisers, have had "complete control" over which bands will play before them – although the rest of the line-up is yet to be announced.

In a statement Burgess said, "I have already approached quite a few impressive new bands (some you will know, some you might not). The Isle Of Wight festival is a special festival to me, so all up and coming bands, be on the look out – you could be taking the stage."

Taken from NME.com.

Fantastic news. Only way i wont be watchin these on sunday night is if the Stone Roses headline the main stage that night.

I would love to see them but the Big top will be so full in there I don't think I'll be able to get in. Its a shame they started the big top i prefered it when it was just one stage, it made you catch bands you wouldnt normally see.

Never mind ;)

I'm with carmen. I'd have quite liked to see Charlatans, but there's no way I'll be missing Sunday headliners for them. Before the Big Top the Charlatans may well have played an early-ish slot on main stage. No clashes was always part of the great thing of IoW, and I reckon it was part of the atmosphere too. More choice is too simplistic a view.

I love The Charlatans but IOW is a bit too far away for me, so I've bought tickets for Rockness (same weekend, decent lineup) However if the Roses were to play...........I would have to change my plans. You dont know something that I dont, do you?

Enjoy The Charlatans, seen them three times last year and they were on fire!

but it doesn't work like that though does it, if there was no big top and the charlatans played lower on the bill then whoever will be getting that slot this year would not have their place and for all you know that could be someone great.

and how do you know you will choose to watch the headliner on Sunday when it could be someone you've seen before or someone you don't like and someone who are poor.

at least if you end up watching someone piss poor you now have the option to go to the big top.

last year i didn't see any of the headliners on the main stage except a little bit of Kaiser Chiefs (could not be doing with his incessant "WE ARE THE KAISER CHIEFS!" and a little bit of the police.

if it were not for the big top i would not have seen the excellent New Young Pony Club!

more choice is never a bad thing, but i understand it could be if you're indicisive or just interested in seeing the big names on the big stage.

I know people aren't going to agree on it, but to me the one stage set-up was what allowed you to 'discover newer bands that you would never think of watching'. If they were on the main stage in an early slot then they'd be seen by a decent number of people. Put them in the 'big top' when a well known act is on the main stage then those same people (including myself) won't see them.

agreed mate.

I never went in the Big Top once last year!!! mainly out of choose!!! I like the fact that there "was" only one stage.

[/quote

if your too fat and lazy to move around its not the festivals fault is it?

the more bands and stages the better. the clue is in the name 'festival' its not a concert.

should they take away the fun fair, the stalls, the bars and other attractions then?

i bet ur one of the locals who brings ur picnic and spreads out all over the floor and doesnt move all day arn't u? perhaps if u ask they might let u bring ur sofa so ur more comfortable

Excuse me???? dont f'ing judge me.

Its my opinion.

Yes I am local and I do what I want at the festival its a free country. What gives you the right to tell me what I should do a festival and what I think a festival should be like... if I like the fact that there was one stage what does it matter.

the more bands and stages the better. the clue is in the name 'festival' its not a concert.

should they take away the fun fair, the stalls, the bars and other attractions then?

i bet ur one of the locals who brings ur picnic and spreads out all over the floor and doesnt move all day arn't u? perhaps if u ask they might let u bring ur sofa so ur more comfortable

Excuse me???? dont f'ing judge me.

Its my opinion.

Yes I am local and I do what I want at the festival its a free country. What gives you the right to tell me what I should do a festival and what I think a festival should be like... if I like the fact that there was one stage what does it matter.