Oasis .. Mixed Opinions!

Guest Rhyscot

Some of Oasis' stuff is good but I just can't stand the whole posey, stand there and howl rather than sing side of it........and none of them are that talented as musicians....... so I've no desire to see them live.

Give me the E Street Band in full cry any day!!!

I saw them at V06 and I loved it - they closed with My Generation by The Who and I went mental. I havn't been impressed with their work since so wouldn't be too gutted if I missed them. I hope there is someone like Weezer (JJB - I can hope!) or Ben Kweller (Union) on at the same time, I'd rather see them

I think it's a poor choice of headliner. For my money, Oasis are way past their best, have done very little in the last 10 years or so that has made me sit up and take notice and though I look back fondly on Wonderwall, Shakermaker, Some Might Say and the like I feel that they sound very dated now.

If V cannot see further than Oasis as a headliner I think the booking policy needs looking at, I'm sure there are bands out there who are more current, relevant and interesting yet still a big draw.

The fact that Oasis are playing their own shows in and around festival season makes them much less of a draw in my opinion too, and I'm surprised that V Festival have booked them given their love of selling tickets.

I am sure there are plenty of bands from the same era as Oasis (and before) that would deliver the goods, excite people AND sell tickets. Muse, Foos, Killers (The Verve even) in the last couple of years, great bookings.

I was really enthusiastic about V this year and unless the rest of the bill (or at least the 1st announcement) blows me away I'm going to give it a miss and head somewhere like Solfest or Wickerman.

Edited by TheNewUnion

I personally would not class Killers/Muse as the same era as Oasis, only my opinion though. I really loved the shoe gazing era and loved Ride, Pixies, and Northside and Oasis popped up right slap bang in the middle of that all this beautiful music about 19 year's ago and then there were the Gallagher brothers, their main stream music, Main stream lyrics and safe songs making head lines due to their own family fallings out and very clever marketing campaigns.

Thank God for other stages, as long as the other stages or nights don't have a wiff of Coldplay, U2 or the Kaiser Cheifs, then I might just have to shoot myself.

I saw them at V06 and I loved it - they closed with My Generation by The Who and I went mental. I havn't been impressed with their work since so wouldn't be too gutted if I missed them. I hope there is someone like Weezer (JJB - I can hope!) or Ben Kweller (Union) on at the same time, I'd rather see them

I personally would not class Killers/Muse as the same era as Oasis, only my opinion though. I really loved the shoe gazing era and loved Ride, Pixies, and Northside and Oasis popped up right slap bang in the middle of that all this beautiful music about 19 year's ago and then there were the Gallagher brothers, their main stream music, Main stream lyrics and safe songs making head lines due to their own family fallings out and very clever marketing campaigns.
Edited by TheNewUnion