WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 2 I think (out of 5 though)

He was pretty much on the money with rain on Thursday night\ Friday morning and then clearing up.

That's the problem with what I'm seeing rain Friday, Saturday this year doesn't leave much time for it to dry up before the whole things over...:(

This time last year:

A definite downturn since yesterdays forecast, with rain possible over much of the Glastonbury period. however much of this will be light and patchy, the exceptions being the rain later on Sunday and especially the rain forecast for late Thursday into Friday, there remains uncertainly and this could be the big story as this could give some heavy rain which could seriously deteriorate conditions at Glastonbury.

The FAX chart for early Friday has now been issued and this shows the cold front lying over South Wales, so some rain is probable further south over Glastonbury.

The score is therefore reverting to a 2, with more chance of a unsettled festival than a heat wave, however it all depends on the rain late Thursday into Friday, if this rain misses Glastonbury, then the conditions should be generally not that bad.

think he has took a break....

Glastonbury Forecast 21 (23rd June)

As the gates open tomorrow, I will change the blog slightly to become more of a forecast for each day, as opposed to saying what each model says.

However I will start by showing the runs

00Hz

06Hz

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

12Hz

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Forecast

but then nothing???

I have just checked netweather.tv for the weather again...this is the forecast for Pilton....

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...;sess=#forecast

This states that there will be rain but it will be very light....

However...when you click the link on netweather.tv for the festival you get a completely different story...

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...;sess=#forecast

Hmmm...bit mad that...eh :(

jackone

Forecast

Wednesday Dry and Sunny, Temps max at around 23-24c. Showers Chance 0-5%

Thursday Dry and Sunny to start, some showers possibly developing later into the evening, Temps 24c Shower Chance 25-30%

Friday Probably dry to start with a few sunny intervals, increasing risk of a shower later in the day, with high chance of the odd shower, and moderate chance of prolonged heavy showers. Temps around 20c in showers to 24c if sunny, Showers Chance 80-90%, 30-40% chance heavy showers

Saturday, possibly cloudy to tart with chance of organised rain or showers, likely to dry off later, Temps around 21-24c. Chance of shower 70&, Heavy Showers 30%.

Sunday Mostly dry with the chance of an isolated showers, temps around 26-27c. chance of showers 25%, heavy Showers 0-5%

There is still some uncertainty over the weekend, as the 06 and 12HZ runs vary quite widely and both have good backing from their respective ensembles, my guess is that the actual outcome will be somewhere in between, but slighlty closer to the 06Hz run as this has better backing from the UKMO run, and the FAX charts seems to be a little drier than originally forecast earlier today.

I'm fairly happy with the Jackone forecast.

I mean, over the weekend I was giddy with the prospect of uninterrupted blue skies, but what's promised doesn't seem too bad at all, all things considered.

right, checking in from a friends so dont have time to scour the thread, what's the latest opinion? Just read JACKONEs forecast but not sure what to make of it?!

:(

last forecast looks pretty much as we expected really.

wed and thurs are going to be glorious and dry, any shower that we might get on thursday afternoon will most likely dry up before anything else falls.

it all comes down to how heavy the showers on friday are going to be. if they are light then I think we would all take that about now, if they are heavy then we have to hope we have the sunshine and the temperatues to dry them up before saturday.

im pretty confident that the site will recover, as sunday looks very dry and warm, but just to be sure we should all agree that the second it starts to rain we all stay perfectly still and dont move until 3 hours after it stops :(

see you all 2moro :lol:

"06Hz

For Wednesday, dry warm and sunny, temps around 22-23c at best. Thursday looks likely to stay dry with temps around 23-24c into the afternoon, there is an outside chance of an isolated shower later in the day. Friday looks mainly dry with an isolated chance of a shower later in the day, temps again around 23-24c.

Further chance of thundery showers for Saturday, but there should be sunny spells in between, temps rising to 24c in any sunny spells. Sunday looks mainly dry with sunny spells temps around 24-25c."

There is still some uncertainty over the weekend, as the 06 and 12HZ runs vary quite widely and both have good backing from their respective ensembles, my guess is that the actual outcome will be somewhere in between, but slighlty closer to the 06Hz run as this has better backing from the UKMO run, and the FAX charts seems to be a little drier than originally forecast earlier today.

If it' gonna be closer to the 06 run then that aint too bad!

Is it? :(